RE: [fltk.general] How to set polish(OEM 852) notaction in FLTK. [General Use]

MacArthur, Ian (Leonardo, UK)

Jun 20, 2016, 5:52:42 AM6/20/16
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com

> The polish codepage with Unicode mappings (available on Wikipedia) may
> also be helpful:
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page_852>
> For 'ą' the table lists an Unicode mapping to U+0105.

And, of course, there are various tools to help with converting Unicode code points to UTF8 sequences, that might be useful. Also (of course) tools that can convert from the archaic code pages to Unicode (or utf8).

Under fltk; if you have a Unicode point, you can get the utf8 sequence with:-

int fl_utf8encode(unsigned ucs, char *buf);

There's probably a method for converting whole UCS strings too, but I can’t remember what they are! (Try the docs...)

Converting from code pages is trickier because you have to have tables of the various locales and so forth, so I don’t think fltk will do it "natively", though libs like iconv will help with that if needs be.

Selex ES Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales. Company no. 02426132