RE: [fltk.general] Not all of the demo app apps are working, after configuring and making FLTK library (Windows 10, MinGW, gcc/g++) [General Use]

MacArthur, Ian (Leonardo, UK)

Apr 11, 2017, 11:41:11 AM4/11/17
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com

> I tried to configure and make FLTK, and run the test/demo app, but table
> apps, did not run. Please help. I'm using Windows 10, minGW, and
> gcc/g++. Here's log:

> mpaw@mpaw-win7 /c/MinGW/fltk-1.3.4-1
> $ ./configure --enable-threads --enable-localjpeg --enable-localzlib
> --enable-localpng

As Albrecht already noted, for a stock build of 1.3.x is should be sufficient to simply type "make", the configure defaults should be fine.

> === making src ===
> === making fluid ===
> === making test ===

Curious; this hasn't built the fltk libs, implying either that they had been previously built, or something is very wrong with your set up.
If they were previously built with a different toolchain, or with a different configuration, then the build tree needs to be cleaned before you perform another build.

Also, you say the "table app" did not run?

This next message indicates that the build has not succeeded; it has failed to link the Sudoku executable.

> Linking sudoku.exe...
> gcc: error: sudoku.rc: No such file or directory
> gcc: warning: '-x c' after last input file has no effect
> gcc: fatal error: no input files
> compilation terminated.
> C:\MinGW\bin\windres.exe: preprocessing failed.
> make[1]: *** [sudoku.exe] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 1

I think this implies either that something is seriously wrong with your windres compiler, or the sudoku .rc file has been corrupted or deleted.
Either would be a worry; you need to figure out why that happened, then see if the build works better with things suitably restored.

Leonardo MW Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales. Company no. 02426132

MacArthur, Ian (Leonardo, UK)

Apr 13, 2017, 7:01:29 AM4/13/17
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com

> That's really strange. I tried to compile after deleting test/sudoku.rc
> and I get:
>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `sudoku.rc', needed by
> `sudoku.exe'.
> make[1]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
> make: *** [all] Error 1
>
> which is a different error message than you posted and plausible.

I'm fairly sure the OP's windres compiler is "broken", it looks like it is invoking some other tool (likely gcc -xc blah...) rather than running windres.

MacArthur, Ian (Leonardo, UK)

Apr 13, 2017, 7:02:54 AM4/13/17
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com

> Here's make -k:

That's all fine.

Your windres compiler is broken, otherwise all seems fine. Fix your windres...

MacArthur, Ian (Leonardo, UK)

Apr 13, 2017, 9:48:49 AM4/13/17
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
> What do you mean?

You forgot to type "file", note that "file" is a command, it gets the system to print out what type of content is in the given file.

Viz:

$ file /mingw/bin/windres.exe
/mingw/bin/windres.exe: PE32 executable for MS Windows (console) Intel 80386 32-bit