Fl_Scroll

holm.h...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2016, 2:01:05 PM11/27/16
to fltk.general

Hello,
I have a  Fl_Scroll widget with some children. I make it scroll only vertical :
    o->type(Fl_Scroll::VERTICAL_ALWAYS);

When I resize the window, my Fl_Scroll widget is resized, but not the children. I would like them to be resized in horizontal direction.
Is that possible ?

Best regards
Håvard Holm

Ian MacArthur

Nov 27, 2016, 5:14:44 PM11/27/16
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
Possible: yes. We’d maybe need to see some code, or something about your widget hierarchy to see what you are doing, and why it is doing what it does, and how we might fix that up to work the way you need.

Greg Ercolano

Nov 27, 2016, 7:28:20 PM11/27/16
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
Typically a scroll widget is used to view a larger widget
(or group of widgets) of fixed size in a smaller window,
giving the user scrollbars to pan to view it.

The exception might be child widgets that should expand on one axis
but not the other, which I'm guessing is what you're doing, and can
be done with something like this:
http://seriss.com/people/erco/fltk/#ScrollableWidgetBrowser

holm.h...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2016, 6:25:38 PM11/28/16