RE: [fltk.general] Re: Screenshot [General Use]

MacArthur, Ian (Leonardo, UK)

Jul 25, 2016, 10:53:46 AM7/25/16
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
> On 07/24/16 13:11, Nimday Satria wrote:
> > Thank you Sir,
> > This is fine for windows plus Fl::wait as suggested,but for linux the
> message is 'window is not shown'

FWIW, I do this by subclassing the window, then in its derived draw() method I do the reading there.

This has the advantage of being robust across platforms, since (due to its client-server nature) X11 may not actually draw the window until a long time after you "show" it.

And of course in the draw() method you don't need to call make_current() either of course, since it is naturally true at that point.

Selex ES Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales. Company no. 02426132