RE: [fltk.general] Re: Has anyone ported xdialog to fltk? - [General Use]

MacArthur, Ian (Leonardo, UK)

Aug 16, 2017, 5:42:23 AM8/16/17
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
> On 16.08.2017 08:05 David F. wrote:
> > Is anyone interested in being paid to do a port of xdialog to use
> FLTK
> > (static linked) ?
>
> What kind of port? A full, compatible port of xdialog, or a subset you
> want to use?

And I note that there are a few scripting interfaces to fltk out there already, so unless you want to keep to the same API as Xdialog / cdialog / dialog / etc., then one of those already existing alternates might be worth a look.

ISTR that the more modern scripting interfaces have (perhaps, arguably) more capable API's than is supported by the older tools like Xdialog.
But I'm in no position to comment; I never really liked the Xdialog way (the last time I encountered it I wrote my own "dialog" wrapper instead, it only had to pop up a file chooser, so was pretty trivial to do...)

Leonardo MW Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales. Company no. 02426132

David F.

Oct 3, 2017, 1:02:25 PM10/3/17
to fltk.general
I put a project on freelancer for the conversion if anyone wants to bid on it.

tbonf

David F.

Oct 6, 2017, 2:09:13 PM10/6/17
to fltk.general
I awarded the project to someone who said they were a fltk maintainer (I can't post in the fltk.coredev) , but they haven't accepted it yet.  I'll assign to another if not accepted within another day or so.