dgsh

Felipe Valdes

Jan 9, 2017, 12:43:41 PM1/9/17
to Flow Based Programming
as per request:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Morrison
Date: Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: dgsh
To: Felipe Valdes

That's neat!  Makes me want to study up on my Unix commands!  Could you post it to the Google group?

Thanks, and all the best for 2017,

Paul

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Felipe Valdes  wrote:
Hey Paul, check this out!

Paul Tarvydas

Jan 9, 2017, 5:58:32 PM1/9/17
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com
Dgsh is very interesting, but there are a few things I don't yet understand.

Have you used it?

1) How does one produce a diagram?  (It says that it can, but then appears not to document how).

2) What is the equivalent of an "ip"?

Is there some kind of pecking order?  For example

dgsh
-c '{{ echo hello & echo world & }} | paste'

always returns:

"hello   world".

Why?  If this is truly asynchronous, I would expect to see "world   hello" sometimes (or, a random combination of the characters).

Every component uses negotiate.c.  That file contains 2,700 lines of C code (incl. comments).

[My, soon-to-be-posted, linuxfbp experiment for Update and Collate consists of 222 lines of C and 42 (!) lines of interpreted graph.  And 200 LOC for the graph interpreter.]

I feel that I'm not understanding some of the basic assumptions of dgsh...

thanks
pt

ps. And thanks for posting.  Steam-engine time...