"Ode to async-await (on NodeJS7)" useful for FBP ?

Ruud Steltenpool

Nov 14, 2016, 11:21:11 AM11/14/16
to Flow Based Programming
I don't fully get this, but you smart guys do: https://hackernoon.com/an-ode-to-async-await-7da2dd3c2056

Good for FBP?
JS is everywhere.
I'd like processes and channels :-)  (fell in love through Occam years ago)

Paul Tarvydas

Nov 19, 2016, 3:51:48 PM11/19/16
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-11-14 11:21 AM, Ruud Steltenpool wrote:
> I don't fully get this, but you smart guys do:
> https://hackernoon.com/an-ode-to-async-await-7da2dd3c2056
>
> Good for FBP?

Steam-engine time.

This is a good article. Everything he says about threads, before "Let's
play with a real-life example", is good and mirrors what I've been
trying to say.

The "await" feature, though, shows off a serious text-based mentality.

It is the opposite to node-red.

"Await" allows multiple inputs, but only one output (using "return").

FBP does this right, allowing multiple inputs and multiple outputs.

The place to start thinking is with diagrams.

Not text.

pt

David Ryman (ANeo)

Nov 21, 2016, 12:38:05 PM11/21/16