Can't get app.flowhub.io to work: No components show up in the search box

Heiner Bunjes

Aug 2, 2016, 7:07:13 AM8/2/16
to Flow Based Programming
My problem is that no components show up in the search box of app.flowhub.io

I tried two ways to get a list of components into the search box but both failed.

A) Standard components do not show up like they should if the example under https://docs.flowhub.io/article/70-getting-started-browser is correct

  • I follow the steps of "Getting Started (Browser)"
  • Under "Search and add components" Step 2. It says that I get a list of components
But there are no components. I could understand if the behaviour is correct an there are no standard components in a new project but then the "Getting Started" text is incorrect.

B) If I create a new component in the code editor it doesn't show up in the Search box
  • I create a new browser project like described under https://docs.flowhub.io/article/70-getting-started-browser.
  • I create a new component by clicking "component create" in the left drawer
  • I modify the source code so that no errors or warnings are shown
  • I exit the editor by opening the drawer again and clicking on the project (I found no other way to exit the editior)
The drawer shows my new component but there are no components found by the search box.

Is there something I totally got wrong? What did I miss?

Remark: When I instead choose one of the examples like "Animated clock" then there are components in the search box.

Heiner Bunjes

Sep 21, 2016, 9:13:19 AM9/21/16
to Flow Based Programming
Shame on me.
The Problem was caused by me using HTTPS to contact the server.
It is a known bug that then communication doesn't work and that this fact isn't communicated back to the GUI user.