NoFlo Node.js runtime registers with its local ip and not with the configured public ip. Bug?

Heiner Bunjes

Feb 16, 2017, 4:21:24 AM2/16/17
to Flow Based Programming

I want to build a Docker container for the noflo-nodejs-runtime. It can be found under https://github.com/sejnub/docker-noflo-runtime-js/blob/master/Dockerfile

After node is configured with

    node node_modules/.bin/noflo-nodejs-init --user <id> --host <public runtime ip> --port 3569 --label "Local NoFlo Test"

it shows the following:

Stored the following configuration to /flowhub.json
        id
: "<36 digit id>"
    user
: "<another 36 digit id>"
    host
: "<public ip of the runtime host>"
    port
: 3569
    label
: "Local NoFlo Test"
    secret
: "<secret>Ai(x5Eo<"
    permissions
: {

"<same secret again>": [

"protocol:component",

"protocol:runtime",

"protocol:graph",

"protocol:network",

"component:getsource",

"component:setsource"

]

}

When I then start the runtime with

    node node_modules/.bin/noflo-nodejs --capture-output=false

the runtime is registered and visible in the browser on the app.flowhub.io after logging in.
But the runtime is shown with "ws://172.17.0.4:3569" which is the local ip address of the container the runtime is hosted in.
So when I click the runtime it of cause can not connect.

First Question: Why is it the runtime registered with the local ip? Shouldn't it be the configured <public ip of the runtime host>?

When I then register the runtime manually via "new runtime register / add manually" it works, but only one time. When I go back to "home" (app.flowhub.io) the manually registered runtime is shown for only half a second, then it's gone.

Second question: Why is the manually registered runtime only usable a single time?

Heiner Bunjes

Feb 17, 2017, 5:33:49 AM2/17/17
to Flow Based Programming

I got the feeling that this is the wrong place for this questions as they are directly noflo code related. So I posted the updated version at https://github.com/noflo/noflo-nodejs/issues/105. So answers might be better placed there. Sorry for this cross posting.