Noflo protoflo python runtime in Linux

Aleks Berland

Apr 1, 2015, 4:01:17 PM4/1/15
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to get the protoflo python runtime to work locally on my linux box.
I have successfully built noflo-ui, registered the runtime, ran the 'protoflo.py runtime' command,
and have seen the host connect (green arrow) to ws://localhost:3569
I see output in the terminal window sys.stdout for protoflo.py....
But when I try to "Start" it does not connect in the UI. I cannot see the components like "Add" when I search.,

I am not seeing any errors, besides "connection lost" when pressing start in the python terminal...

Other runtimes seem to work normally.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Chad Dombrova

Apr 1, 2015, 4:54:09 PM4/1/15
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I did not have any luck with jonnor/protoflo.  I got further with richardingham's fork at https://github.com/richardingham/protoflo.  This fork honestly doesn't have much to do with jonnor's and should be its won repo: it's essentially a conversion of noflo from javascript to python.  I forked it and got it mostly working here: https://github.com/chadrik/protoflo.  I also added the fbp-protocol tests to the project so it's easy to tell what's still not working.

Hope that helps.

-chad

Aleks Berland

Apr 2, 2015, 1:07:22 PM4/2/15
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com
Wow, cool, thanks Chad. Working well!
Any thoughts on some semi-dynamic component generation with a component architecture like Circuits? I am just starting to wrap my mind around this so not sure how to evaluate the challenges of getting some more python libraries in.
Cheers.
- Aleks

Chad Dombrova

Apr 3, 2015, 8:23:05 PM4/3/15
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com

Any thoughts on some semi-dynamic component generation with a component architecture like Circuits? I am just starting to wrap my mind around this so not sure how to evaluate the challenges of getting some more python libraries in.

I'm all for improving the component design. I think that the current design borrows a little too heavily from Noflo and the javascript way of doing things.

It'd be great to start with getting the project up to spec. There are still a handful of fbp-protocol tests failing.

-chad

David Ogutu

Apr 6, 2015, 3:30:14 PM4/6/15
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com
Any progress on this? I might have some time to get it up to spec. What do you think is the time commitment?

Chad Dombrova

Apr 9, 2015, 9:34:42 PM4/9/15
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com
It's probably less than a week's worth of work to get it up to spec with fbp-test -- mostly adding support for in-ports and out-ports on sub-graphs and fixing various bugs -- but there may be new features added to noflo which have not yet been added to fbp-protocol/test.  I'm not sure how frequently they update this.

-chad