5th DrawFBP video

Paul Morrison

Apr 8, 2017, 10:45:48 AM4/8/17
to Flow Based Programming, Dan Lynch
Hi, fellow FBPers!

I just posted my 5th DrawFBP video on Youtube.  This one is mostly about the concept of "subnets" - both at design and implementation time.  I thought these concepts were important to highlight, based on some conversations that I had had recently.  Unfortunately, I didn't have much time at the end to talk about top-down design, but I figure that you all are probably familiar with the concept, so it doesn't need a lot of explanation!
.
I also regret that there is a change in the sound quality about half way through, as the technology I was using died, and I had to change to a different approach!  And finally, there is a small bug in the generated code shown at the 12:48 mark.  However, the latest version of DrawFBP is correct - both on Maven - https://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cdrawfbp - and the latest release on GitHub - https://github.com/jpaulm/drawfbp/releases/download/v2.12.22/drawfbp-2.13.22.jar .

As always, feedback would be very welcome!

Cheers,

Paul M.

PS In case you missed them, all the DrawFBP videos are listed on http://www.jpaulmorrison.com/fbp/ - towards the bottom - do a find on Youtube.