Help wanted with Gradle for JavaFBP-WebSockets

Paul Morrison

May 28, 2017, 10:18:29 AM5/28/17
to Flow Based Programming
I know that this Group is usually concerned with high philosophical issues :-) , but I thought I would see if anyone reading it wouldn't mind getting their hands dirty as well (at least briefly!).  I don't know if there is any other forum that is appropriate for questions about FBP implementations - perhaps GitHub, but that probably goes to the other extreme in terms of readership!  So that's another question...

Anyway, here's my question: it would be great if someone could figure out what I am doing wrong in the build.gradle file for JavaFBP-WebSockets - https://github.com/jpaulm/javafbp-websockets/blob/master/build.gradle ...  JavaFBP-WebSockets needs two jar files to run: the Java-WebSocket jar file (by Nate Rajlich) and the JavaFBP jar file, so I am trying to correct the build.gradle file for JavaFBP-WebSockets to a) get Java-WebSocket from Maven (as 1.3.0 is now up there), and b) copy the jar files for JavaFBP and Java-WebSocket from Maven to my lib/ directory.  Re the latter, I know there is a Copy function, but the documentation is confusing...

I also want to make sure that the JavaFBP-WebSockets server can run under Eclipse as well as from the command line, which is why I put the two dependencies in the lib/ directory...   Hope this makes sense!

There is probably a cleaner way of doing everything, but I would just settle for getting something that works!  :-)

Thanks in advance,

J. Paul Rodker-Morrison

Paul Morrison

May 29, 2017, 2:12:23 PM5/29/17
to Flow Based Programming
I think I have found my problem with build.gradle for my JavaFBP-WebSockets project as far as I can tell, everything is working now, but feel free to test it, and give me feedback.

Cheers

Paul Morrison

May 30, 2017, 10:55:49 AM5/30/17
to Flow Based Programming
Anyone out there want to collaborate on JavaFBP-WebSockets... or has the JavaScript tide washed away all other possible technologies?!

Paul M