Go flow based programming

tweakmy

Jun 22, 2016, 9:56:09 AM6/22/16
to Flow Based Programming
I am trying to gather enthusiast around to create something like node-red or go-red. Are you interested to colloborate? I think what is missing is the a proper gui like node-red which you can drag and drop and edit on the fly for web interface.

Let me know at https://plus.google.com/communities/112183356302907279668

We can have monthly of bi-monthly online meetup to do feature, etc.

Visit our group at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/go-fbp

I have also posted some relating articles for your own consumption.

Regards,
JoEe

Henri Bergius

Jun 22, 2016, 10:24:29 AM6/22/16
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 22, 2016, 15:56 tweakmy <liew...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to gather enthusiast around to create something like node-red or go-red. Are you interested to colloborate? I think what is missing is the a proper gui like node-red which you can drag and drop and edit on the fly for web interface.

Regarding that, have you seen https://github.com/noflo/noflo-ui ?
Works with any FBP runtime compatible with the FBP protocol: https://flowbased.github.io/fbp-protocol/
(includes things like NoFlo, JavaFBP, MicroFlo, and others)

JoEe

/Henri

Samuel Lampa

Jun 22, 2016, 4:44:11 PM6/22/16
to Flow Based Programming
Good point I think ...

@Henri: Just a though: So does the UI part depend on a node.js backend somehow, or you mean that the browser part only could be reused?

(Sorry, if I was more fluent in javascript I'd have figured this out already a long time ago :P )

Best
// Samuel

Samuel Lampa

Jun 22, 2016, 4:44:49 PM6/22/16
to Flow Based Programming
On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 10:44:11 PM UTC+2, Samuel Lampa wrote:
@Henri: Just a though: <snip>

thought

Henri Bergius

Jun 23, 2016, 12:03:06 PM6/23/16
On Wed, Jun 22, 2016, 22:44 Samuel Lampa <samuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
@Henri: Just a though: So does the UI part depend on a node.js backend somehow, or you mean that the browser part only could be reused?

The UI is just a UI, no particular ties to NoFlo, except that the UI itself was built in it.

It can connect to any FBP runtime that provides the FBP protocol interface. Right now WebSockets, IFRAME postMessage, and serial connections (chrome app only) are supported. The same UI can connect to multiple runtimes, and keep track of the different projects associated with each of them.

Of these, WebSockets is what most runtimes provide. IFRAME postMessage is to my knowledge used only with NoFlo browser builds (like the demos we show in the UI).

If you're using Flowhub, it can help to facilitate couple of things with a server that we provide:
- GitHub repository discovery and checkout
- FBP runtime discovery (runtimes can register to Flowhub API as "yours" and will automatically show up in UI)
Neither of these is required, or NoFlo-specific.

// Samuel

/Henri

Chad Dombrova

Jun 23, 2016, 12:23:46 PM6/23/16
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com
Hey JoEe,
My company is currently working with the noflo team to add improvements to the fbp-protocol and noflo-ui to support our "classical" python runtime, so now is a good time to get involved in the discussions at https://github.com/flowbased/fbp-protocol/issues and  https://github.com/noflo/noflo-ui/issues.  It should also be noted that the ui itself is comprised of a separate editor project (https://github.com/the-grid/the-graph/tree/master/the-graph-editor) which handles just the editor frontend, so if you have more specific requirements, you can always choose to use just this component to build your own UI.

-chad

Samuel Lampa

Jun 27, 2016, 5:41:55 PM6/27/16
to Flow Based Programming