Re: Embedded FBP?

Jon Nordby

Jul 10, 2016, 12:58:03 PM7/10/16
to Paul Morrison, flow-based-...@googlegroups.com, Brian Jones, HENRI BERGIUS
Hi Brian and Paul,

I'm not aware of any FBP implementation for FPGAs. There are some
other people who have worked on FBP-like systems for embedded systems
on the mailing list, so I'm sending this email also there.

It has been a while since I worked with FPGA, but I'm pretty sure that
a lot of the tooling we've built could be reused for a runtime
targeting such devices.
From the .FBP DSL and .json graph definition
(http://github.com/flowbased/fbp), to testing
(https://github.com/flowbased/fbp-spec) and debugging
(https://github.com/flowbased/flowtrace) tools, and the protocol which
enables programming from IDEs like Flowhub
(https://github.com/flowbased/fbp-protocol).

Some of the ideas / design choices in MicroFlo to be suitable for
constrained environments may also be of interest. Some is documented
here: https://github.com/microflo/microflo/blob/master/doc/how-it-works.md
I also keep a (pretty random) set of MicroFlo-related notes here
https://github.com/microflo/microflo/blob/master/doc/braindump.md

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com

Paul Tarvydas

Jul 13, 2016, 1:24:37 PM7/13/16
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com, Paul Morrison, Brian Jones, HENRI BERGIUS
I've done a lot of embedded stuff with fbp-like technologies (which I
call bmFBP for "bare metal fbp" and to keep it separated from Paul's FBP).

All of my work was proprietary, but my github and wordpress blog contain
papers, essays and examples of the technique.

https://github.com/guitarvydas?tab=repositories

https://bittarvydas.wordpress.com/

I am not aware of any FBP for FPGAs.

I'd be glad to discuss further.