browser-based flow editor library for noflo---Options?

Santosh Kumar

Nov 29, 2017, 9:51:30 AM11/29/17
to Flow Based Programming
Hi,

I am developing a react application and looking to integrate browser-based flow editor library with my application. Are there any options available?

1. I looked at the-Graph: It doesn't work with React 16.0....Does someone know how to make it work?

2. I like node-red editor look and feel. Is there any easy way to integrate it in a react application.

3. Is there any other editor which I can integrate with my application without much fuss.

Thanks.

Henri Bergius

Dec 5, 2017, 12:10:05 PM12/5/17
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 at 15:51 Santosh Kumar <lsantos...@gmail.com> wrote:
1. I looked at the-Graph: It doesn't work with React 16.0....Does someone know how to make it work?

3. Is there any other editor which I can integrate with my application without much fuss.

Here are some graph drawing widgets listed, from the early days before we started the-graph:

/Henri

Santosh Kumar

Dec 5, 2017, 12:22:04 PM12/5/17
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks. Lots of wonderful information to digest. A very nice discussion on various UIs for FBP exists here.

daudi mungah

May 25, 2019, 3:53:31 AM5/25/19
to Flow Based Programming
Hello

I am working on the same and would require some help and mentorship .I have been researching on how do it for over a month and have not gotten any close to even start.

Paul Morrison

May 25, 2019, 11:40:04 AM5/25/19
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com, Vladimir Sibirov
I must have missed these discussions - very interesting!  Therefore, I would like to add DrawFBP to the list - https://github.com/jpaulm/drawfbp . It provides a lot of function, and is written using Java Swing, so there are no dependencies on other software.  It supports top-down, component-oriented design, and embodies many of the concepts of classical FBP.

The user is not aware of Java... unless s/he decides to generate the network definitions in Java, and perhaps write some Java components (it also can generate runnable C# networks using C#FBP, as well as JSON and NoFlo .fbp notation).  It can also compile and run Java and C# networks...

Recently, based on a suggestion by Vladimir Sibirov, we have started developing a FBP tutorial - https://github.com/jpaulm/fbp-tutorial-filter-file , which takes the reader from DrawFBP diagrams to working JavaFBP networks.  So far I have received very little feedback...   This kind of work cannot be done effectively in a vacuum!

Please, everyone, take a look at both DrawFBP and/or the tutorial, and tell me what you think.

J. Paul Rodker Morrison

Tom Young

May 25, 2019, 1:06:22 PM5/25/19
to Flow Based Programming
Hi Paul,

I would like StreamWork to generate a file usable as input by DrawFBP,  but am not sure of the format to use.  I have started to code sw to generate JavaFBP format, but I am not sure that is the best choice.

BNF files would be useful, if available.
defines the StreamWork network language in labeled BNF.

I am neither a Java nor a JavaScript maven, so I cannot go very far in those directions alone nor help with your endeavors there.

I intend to continue adding sw functionality and adding new components.   Go skeleton code generation is progressing.
Buffer sizes are specified (optionally) inside the dataflow pointer.
Seems natural this way.
 Ex. (BUSY Bee)0  <100-  0(HIGH Pollen.Count);

 I converted the sw collate example into a two partition 'locusts' program.   Locusts generates integers with 13 and 17 year gaps. then matches the generated years with the Collate component to find matches.   Turns out 2019 is the year!  They're here now but we get the next 221 years off.

The second partition does the same but with a two year earlier cohort(brood).   Not sure I have the parameters exactly right.

 Probably could update this to simulate evolving locust patterns over millennia.   Who taught them about prime numbers, anyway?

Both partitions operate in the same Go program concurrently.
This would be an interesting program to benchmark.  There are sixteen flows and fourteen processes.  The parallelism depends on the number of 'cores' (I am sure you remember the real core.) available.

Cheers!

twy

Tom Young
47 MITCHELL ST.
STAMFORD, CT  06902

When bad men combine, the good must associate; ...
  -Edmund Burke 'Thoughts on the cause of the present discontents' , 1770

Paul Morrison

May 25, 2019, 1:56:24 PM5/25/19
to flow-based-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

DrawFBP diagrams are held in html and look like this: https://github.com/jpaulm/fbp-tutorial-filter-file/blob/master/docs/Step1.drw  .

I know it isn't BNF, but it will give you the flavour of my file format.  The schema is at https://github.com/jpaulm/drawfbp/blob/master/lib/drawfbp_file.xsd - I believe it is complete, and I just checked both the XSD and the XML, and they checked out fine...   🙂

I will take a closer look at StreamWork...

Cheers,

Paul M.

Tom Young