Using Stack Bar as a Group

Byung-Mee Choung

Aug 20, 2015, 9:47:09 PM8/20/15
to Flot graphs
I would like to use stacked bars to groups things together.

For example, if I want to chart people's favorite dessert, I'll have two bars, one for 'Baked Goods' and another  for 'Ice Cream'.  In addition, I want the 'Baked Goods' bar to have components, 'Cake', 'Cookies', 'Pies', like a stacked bar.  Similarly, for 'Ice Cream', the bar consists of different flavors of ice cream, 'Vanilla','Strawberry','Chocolate', 'Rocky Road', etc.

Can stacked bars be used this way where the bars do not have same components across each bar?  Is there an example of how this can be achieved?

Or is there a better chart to use instead?

Thanks.

Ced

Aug 21, 2015, 12:58:10 AM8/21/15
to Flot graphs

Byung-Mee Choung

Aug 28, 2015, 12:28:58 PM8/28/15
to Flot graphs
No, I don't think so.  I wanted one bar to be stacked with components and another bar stacked with different components.  It looks like this is side by side bars.