Example Code and License Information

Jim Goebel

Feb 9, 2015, 6:14:16 PM2/9/15
to flot-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!  I'm new to flot graphs and honestly a little new to the software world, but a friend and colleague of mine are working on a home energy monitoring project and we are transitioning into the front end development.  It appears that FLOT has what we are looking for but I do have two questions:

  1. Do the examples on the site have the source code available for them?
  2. Is FLOT a 'zero footprint' kind of environment?  In other words, will our users be required to DL anything or do anything additional to view the charts in their browser?
  3. My understanding is that we can use any and all of FLOT and it is an open source MIT license, meaning that if we do want to make something commercially available in the future, we won't need to rewrite any of the .js stuff.

Thanks to all!

Jim

Ced

Feb 12, 2015, 2:14:01 PM2/12/15
to flot-...@googlegroups.com
The source is available if you simply "View source" in your browser.  The entire flot website is also available in github, so you can actually go to https://github.com/flot/flot/tree/master/examples and find all the source files you need.
The web browser downloads the .js files it needs when you add a <script> tag for flot in your HTML.  See the example source files.  There is no additional software that needs to be downloaded or installed by the user.
The license for flot speaks for itself: https://github.com/flot/flot/blob/master/LICENSE.txt