Is there a way to stop Flot from sampling large sets of data?

瀏覽次數:75 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Larry VanDenHandel

未讀,
2016年4月17日 上午11:29:362016/4/17
收件者:Flot graphs
There seems to be no documentation on this at all... but with very dense data Flot does its own kind of downsampling. Is there any way to disable that?

Here's my case where the issue occurs

- Time based X axis, range of 3 months.
- Hourly data for those 3 months (Around 2000 data points, a point for every hour for 3 months)
- Selection plugin enabled for zooming with an overview chart

When looking at the 2k points zoomed out to full extent, it seems normal. But when you zoom in on a specific area, you will notice that many points are missing. The hourly data when moused-over for tooltip skips ahead from say 2pm to 5pm, to 7pm. It seems somewhat erratic as if some type of down-sample algorithm is taking place within Flot.

Has anyone experienced this and discovered a workaround or way to disable/control Flot's internal sampling mechanism?

Thanks

Ced

未讀,
2016年5月6日 凌晨1:25:262016/5/6
收件者:Flot graphs
Have you inspected the data to make sure all hourly points actually exist when you pass them to Flot?
To the best of my knowledge, Flot does not perform any downsampling.
I have personally plotted thousands of points and never experienced this issue.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息