Passing variables to subflow

wga...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2016, 10:25:34 AM4/14/16
to floreysoft
Hello Daniel / Everyone,

I need help with passing variables to a subflow please.

I've created a single question (variable is ${one}) google form that triggers an UltradocA.  UltradocA works fine.  ${one} variable works fine.  I add a subflow to the UltradocA and link a second UltradocB.  UltradocB works fine.  Now I wish to pass ${one} from UltradocA to UltradocB.  UltradocB updates a worksheet with the value of ${one}.

Please, I need a little more than "use Input Parameters".  I am missing the obvious detail.  I have tried adding the block Input Parameter to the top of UltradocB.  And there I am stuck.  No  matter what I try, I cannot seem to pass the value of ${one} to UltradocB.  What does UltradocA need to pass the variable and what does UltradocB need to accept the variable?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Daniel Florey

Apr 14, 2016, 11:10:53 AM4/14/16
to floreysoft GmbH

Hi
After adding the input building block you will have to create a form field with type string and give it the name one. This variable will then work as input parameter and should appear in your flow a after refreshing the subfloor block.

WGA Computer Service Center

Apr 14, 2016, 11:31:49 AM4/14/16
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!!  I shall try it this afternoon and post my results.

wga...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2016, 1:32:40 PM4/14/16
to floreysoft
Daniel,

Thank You it works but with a strange twist.

Followed your instructions.  It did not work.  If I ran UltradocA without entering the google form, UltradocB would update the cell in the worksheet with a blank.  That is expected, there was no data entered.  But if I entered the google form, UltradocA executed but UltradocB would not.  I regen'd the key, nothing helped.  Yet running UltradocA without entering google form worked every time.  I turned the subflow off-on.  Same result.  Enabled subflow with a condition to execute.  Same result.  I deleted the condition on the subflow and IT WORKED!!  The condition was always blank.  Very strange.  Drove me crazy.

But it works great now, with or without a condition on the subflow.

Thank you!!

Daniel Florey

Apr 15, 2016, 11:05:32 AM4/15/16
to floreysoft GmbH
Hm, that sounds really strange...
If you can reproduce the issue, please let me know.
Thanks!