Failed to insert row into spreadsheet... Error: BAD_REQUEST

Pete Thorpe

Oct 19, 2016, 3:49:10 AM10/19/16
to floreysoft
I am getting increasing frustrated with this error..
It doesn't tell me WHY it's a bad request, however;

I have changed the sheets document to a new one, have generated a new sheets document from within the forms trigger sidebar, from the forms 'destination spreadsheet' option, I have COMPLETELY rebuilt the form and then the whole ultradox procedure.. But I Still Get This Error!!!!   Grrrr

Below is what I am trying to do, I guess I need to know;

a) is it ACTUALLY possible to do this? or am I asking too much of the system?
b) what the heck am I doing wrong (assuming that it is ME that is doing something wrong, or missing something)?

Load values from the form
Insert row with 21 columns into worksheet of a spreadsheet
Generate a PDF from a Word document using the entries from the worksheet
Upload that PDF to drive
Send email of PDF to a specific address
Generate a different PDF from a different word document using the entries from the worksheet
Upload that PDF to drive
Print that PDF via cloud print

This HAS worked in the past, Something has happened to make it stop (what exactly, I have no idea), and hence me having to investigate, which lead me to rebuild the procedure, and result in this error/thread.

I am going slowly, slightly insane. Getting frustrated daily in not being able to resolve this, having spent many hours on trying to fix this most days, usually giving up because it's like bashing my head against a wall..

Please help me!

Daniel Florey

Oct 19, 2016, 4:28:38 AM10/19/16
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi Pete,

that sounds really bad ;-)
Could you share the involved files with me in edit mode so that I can reproduce the error and check why it pops up?

Regards,
Daniel

Pete Thorpe

Oct 19, 2016, 4:31:42 AM10/19/16
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel

Will share for sure, just not sure how I do this :-D

Pete

Oct 19, 2016, 4:32:26 AM10/19/16
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel

Will share for sure, just not sure how I do this :-D

Daniel Florey

Oct 19, 2016, 4:33:19 AM10/19/16
to floreysoft GmbH
Can you share the files (e.g. the red Ultradox file and the sheet) right from Google Drive with
in edit mode?

Daniel Florey

Oct 19, 2016, 5:16:57 AM10/19/16
to floreysoft GmbH
Can you share the files that are producing the error and tell me how to reproduce the error on my end?

Thanks!

Pete Thorpe

Oct 19, 2016, 5:18:39 AM10/19/16
to flore...@googlegroups.com
I have shared the ultradox file and the spreadsheet.

I have it in test mode and run the procedure, that's all I'm doing to cause the error

Thanks

Daniel Florey

Oct 19, 2016, 5:22:37 AM10/19/16
to floreysoft GmbH
The flow has just 2 building blocks and runs like this (???). Are you sure you've shared the correct file?
11:21:15
The execution has been started
11:21:15
Loaded no rows from worksheet Form responses 1 of spreadsheet NW Car Sales Ltd. Warranty Form v2.0 (Responses)
11:21:15
Failed to generate document, no template selected

Pete Thorpe

Oct 19, 2016, 5:25:12 AM10/19/16
to flore...@googlegroups.com
lol, no maybe not.. I have so many versions from trying to rebuild the flow/procedure..

let me try again

Pete

Oct 19, 2016, 5:28:07 AM10/19/16
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Oh boy, I'm not having a great day..

I have shared the correct flow (I think)

Daniel Florey

Oct 19, 2016, 5:35:01 AM10/19/16
to floreysoft GmbH
I'm confused....
You have an update row block, but all rows to be updated are empty?
I guess you just want to run the flow when submitting the form and collect the responses in a sheet?
Then it is much simpler to trigger Ultradox from the responses sheet.

Daniel Florey

Oct 19, 2016, 5:36:41 AM10/19/16
to floreysoft GmbH
Can you also share the form with me?
We have to switch off the trigger in the form and just trigger from the sheet...

Daniel Florey

Oct 19, 2016, 5:47:03 AM10/19/16
to floreysoft GmbH
Can you please submit the form and check if it works?

Pete Thorpe

Oct 19, 2016, 6:12:41 AM10/19/16
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel

Trust me to overcomplicate things..
Thank you so much for your help.

I have another issue now, but I think it's down to some formatting as some of the fields are not being displayed on the PDF, and I am getting two emails with the same attachments.. but I think I can figure that one out.

Thanks again

Daniel Florey

Oct 19, 2016, 6:18:28 AM10/19/16
to floreysoft GmbH
I guess you have multiple trigger activated in some of your copies...
Make sure they are all switched off and only the one in the sheet is activated.

tim...@lokion.com

Jul 11, 2017, 9:31:00 PM7/11/17
to floreysoft
Daniel I am having the same issue.  Is it possible you can post the steps or assist to remove the error?