How do I Load a Contact using a query input parameter?

kimww...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2015, 10:11:43 AM11/3/15
to floreysoft
The help says: "Use the query input variable to replace the selected contact at runtime with a contact that matches your provided query string."
I can't find a way to edit the query parameter on the Load a contact building block.  I'm collecting data in a Google Sheet, including "Client Name."  I need to then locate and load a Contact where the variable passed from the Google Sheet (eg: ${clientname}) matches the full name field in my list of Google Contacts.

Help appreciated!

Daniel Florey

Nov 3, 2015, 10:14:59 AM11/3/15
to floreysoft GmbH
- Click on the keyboard icon in the input parameter section of your contact.
- Enter the query (e.g. ${clientname}) into the query field and click on save

kimww...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2015, 11:04:53 AM11/3/15
to floreysoft
That doesn't work. When I add the Load Contact building block, I'm required to select a contact in the popup before the keyboard icon appears.
When I then do as you instructed, it adds a Load Configuration for (contact I selected) form above, and even when I enter a variable, the contact does not populate with query results at runtime. Here's a pic, I know I'm doing something wrong, just not sure what:

Daniel Florey

Nov 3, 2015, 11:13:01 AM11/3/15
to floreysoft GmbH
Looks strange... did you edit the form and changed the variable names?
In your flow it has the name "uery" instead of "query".
You may want to remove/add it again or edit the settings.
Other than that it should work and replace the selected contact if a match is found.