more and more permissions

Ted Wobber

Aug 3, 2015, 12:28:36 AM8/3/15
to floreysoft
With the basic contact-sync account, I am regularly asked for more permissions by the FloreySoft app ... access to GMail, access to GMail drafts and sending mail.  Can anyone explain why these permissions are required for contact sync?

Best regards,

Ted Wobber

Daniel Florey

Aug 3, 2015, 3:40:34 AM8/3/15
to floreysoft GmbH
Unfortunatley Google made some changes on their end so that we need that permission now to be able to send out notification emails.

Ted Wobber

Sep 8, 2016, 6:33:47 PM9/8/16
to floreysoft
Could you please be more specific.  Are you saying that you need to be able to send emails as me?

Full Gmail permissions are very powerful.  You have the only plausible contact-sharing app around.  I'd think that you wouldn't want the burden of holding GMail privilege of your users, if nothing else, this is a disincentive to new customers.  If this is Google's flaw, it should at least be reported to them.