SharedGroups Trial - Contacts not Sync'd

Scott P

May 20, 2016, 5:13:48 AM5/20/16
to floreysoft
Hi floreysoft,

My browser: Chrome/50.0.2661.102

I've encountered the following problem:

I signed up for a trial yesterday evening and shared all my contacts from sales@ with scott@ and tuni**@

I accepted the share on each account.

When I looked this morning, I noticed that only 5 contacts have been sync'd

The same 5 contacts have been shared with the scott@ and tuni**@ accounts

Have I done something wrong?

Thanks
SharedGroups Compare.PNG
SharedGroups.PNG
SharedGroups Subscriptions.PNG

Daniel Florey

May 20, 2016, 5:54:06 AM5/20/16
to floreysoft GmbH
Not sure what you did, but can you please apply the troubleshooting tips from this page:

Thanks!
Daniel

Scott P

May 20, 2016, 11:08:54 AM5/20/16
to floreysoft
Hi

I followed the steps here

  1. Login to an account holding all of the shared contacts.
  2. Select all shared contacts in the group that has not been fully synced.
  3. Add these contacts to a new group called tmp and keep them in the shared group.
  4. Remove these contact from the tmp group that you've just added them to.
  5. This will give them a new timestamp and will force a fresh sync.
  6. Wait for the next sync to complete and check if the contacts appear in all users accounts.
It worked perfectly

However, I have almost 24,000 contacts in 'Other'. How can I quickly do these steps to those?

Thanks
SharedGroups After Temp.PNG

Scott @ DarksideDevelopments.co.uk

May 26, 2016, 2:04:28 AM5/26/16
to flore...@googlegroups.com

Can you please reply to this?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "floreysoft" group.

Daniel Florey

May 26, 2016, 5:32:03 AM5/26/16
to floreysoft GmbH

Hi
You will have to put them into a shared group in order to share them.
Hope this helps

Scott @ DarksideDevelopments.co.uk

May 26, 2016, 5:56:14 AM5/26/16
to flore...@googlegroups.com
How can I do that on a mass scale?

And get Google to default all contacts into the group?

Thanks

Scott

Unit 1 Carbon Court
Springvale Road, Barnsley
South Yorkshire, S72 7FF
United Kingdom
01226 827999

We have moved!! Please use the new address
above. Use the Postcode for Grove Park
S72 7BF if S72 7FF is not recognised

Daniel Florey

May 26, 2016, 5:57:27 AM5/26/16
to floreysoft GmbH

I think Google changed the ui so that you can only select 250 contacts at a time.