Automatic email generation with Google Sheet issue

tyler....@victorylifebc.com

Jul 10, 2017, 3:41:03 PM7/10/17
to floreysoft
Hey there guys/gals;

Our church is currently trying to implement an online guest card form that sends the user a free cafe drink code via email.  The way we have this implemented with SquareSpace is as follows;

SquareSpace Guest Card Submitted --> User Information --> Google Sheet

We then would like the Google Sheet to be read by Ultradox and recognize the new row of information that was just entered and submit an email to that user with an email template we have set up in google docs.

The formula we have with ultradox works, but here's the catch; the current formula does not automatically detect the newest row entered and requires a user to select the rows that the email(s) will be sent to.  We want this script to either a.) automatically detect new information entered from SquareSpace in the Google Sheet or b.) loop the script so it is constantly scanning the sheet every 1-3 minutes for new information.  We currently have option B, but I'm running into the issue as stated above about selecting the new single row and then moving down (or up) the sheet to find the next row.  I currently have a block of code that searches that row for a box that is marked with a "yes" or "x" if the code has been entered.  So it would go as follows;

Load one row when running batch, otherwise "not selected" from worksheet 1 in Main
> skip if "code" marked "yes" or "x"
>> Generate HTML from template
>> Send HTML email with subject and name to email
>>Update column with "code" marked "yes" (so that person won't get emailed more than once)
>end skip blocks
Stop Execution

Thanks all for your help in advanced!

Tyler