The return to bkper

Administrator Lagaroo

Mar 30, 2015, 9:09:44 PM3/30/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I am making a time sheet invoice with bkper as the origin of registration.

I followed your timesheets example and once I generated the invoice I want to return this fact as a transaction to bkper.
The thing is that the "record transaction" does not seem to work for a batch of lines and I do not know how to repeat the form
as many times as lines in my spreadsheet.

  If I use the ${4trevor.debit} variables the transaction is not launched on bkper.

  Any Tip on how I can post a return to bkper for each of the lines in my invoice?

  Maybe it is handy to show that the idea is to do the same as in this video by just using the bkper and ultradox add-ons and no lines of Apps Script.

Cheers
Jacob

Mael Caldas

Mar 31, 2015, 7:05:26 AM3/31/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Did you ensure the ledgerId corresponds to the correct ledger you are trying to post?

If you share the Ultradoc, and the corresponding ledger, with me (ma...@nimbustecnologia.com.br), , maybe I can help better.

Cheers,
Mael

Daniel Florey

Mar 31, 2015, 7:10:25 AM3/31/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Right now there is no "Loop" block in Ultradox which would allow you to record a bkper transaction for each row in your timesheet.
You have 3 options:
- Create a new Ultradoc that leverages the "Load row(s)" block to create the transactions in bkper, then call this script for each line either from the UI or from a Google Apps Script
- Ask the bkper guys if they are able to adopt the script so that it takes a list of values as an input
- You'll have to wait until such a block is available

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Mael Caldas

Mar 31, 2015, 7:13:22 AM3/31/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Bkper allow to record batch transactions, separated by break lines "\n".
Daniel, is there any way to send the text with break lines?

Mael Caldas
Co-founder & CEO of bkper
http://about.bkper.com

+55 31 9681 8639

Mael Caldas

Mar 31, 2015, 7:15:30 AM3/31/15
to floreysoft
Also, the BkperApp is supposed to allow a array of text, or a matrix as its parameters to record. Each text line, or matrix row generates one transaction

Daniel Florey

Mar 31, 2015, 7:28:16 AM3/31/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
That's pretty cool!
Yes, you can then use a foreach loop in the form field that populates the script to generate the required input. Something like this should do the trick:
${foreach 4trevor row}${row.debug} Open invoice ${row.account}\n${end}
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to floreysoft+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/floreysoft.

Administrator Lagaroo

Mar 31, 2015, 3:01:36 PM3/31/15
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Okay almost there...

It seems that in the text input field even with the foreach it just posts one post.. not a batch!

So I have this in the input

 ${foreach 4trevor row}${row.debug}   ${row.debit}  Open invoice ${row.account}  #opened ${row.description}'/n' ${end}

And the result is this

I have tried /n ,  '/n' , \n and '\n' but the result is the same.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/floreysoft.

Mael Caldas

Mar 31, 2015, 6:09:39 PM3/31/15
to floreysoft
Daniel,

We are trying in 2 different ways:

1) By passing the text with \n separator. The text is arriving in the script without the slash, that is, only with "n" instead of "\n", so its recording as one single transaction, instead of batch.

2) I've added to the Record Transaction script another input parameter, of type LIST, called "items". When executed, it supposed to record the list of items in bkper, with each item generating one transaction each, but I'm not able to load the data from the spreadsheet, transform in an array of items, and send it to the script. Any clue?

I've created an simple Ultradoc test it and shered with you:

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Florey

Mar 31, 2015, 6:56:51 PM3/31/15
to floreysoft GmbH
Looks like an issue on our end... I'll check tomorrow and will let you know.

Thanks+cheers!
Daniel

Mael Caldas

Apr 1, 2015, 8:26:30 AM4/1/15
to floreysoft
It's working now! Thanks to Daniel's help!

Here is what was missing:

The input type must be Text, not String, to accept break lines.

The break line must be a carriage return, and not a \n, like this:

${foreach 4trevor row}${row.debug} ${row.debit} Open invoice ${row.account} #opened ${row.description}
${end}

Be aware the breakline (by carriage return and not \n special char) before the ${end}

Cheers!