Track email delivery

Jim Robertson

Oct 21, 2015, 9:12:18 AM10/21/15
to floreysoft
I have a Google Form that automatically sends an email to me when someone completes it.

It also automatically sends an email to the person who "registered" and I want to track when they open/etc this email.

When I used the wizard to do a mail campaign from a google spreadsheet (Mail Ultradoc) it automatically created links of the form:
where
keyid1 looks like it is a number for the email that was sent (it is the same for all)
keyid2 looks like it is an event type
it is the same for open and delivered status - and the mail campaign wizard created an updaterow block for those events
it is the same for bounced/complaint status - and the mail campaign wizard created a separate update row block for those events
statusid is either Opened, Delivered, Bounced, Complaint

 I'm guessing that I can manually add the link of the form above by clicking the "Track email delivery" option and manually entering in the keyid1 etc but where do I get those numbers from
  • I'm guessing that I right click and get the building block URL for keyid2 but I'm not sure
  • the keyid1 does not match the key number for the ultradox file (in the URL when editing the "ultradoc"I
  • I'm not sure how I can assign {rownumber} since I am not "loading a row" as in the email campaign - but triggering the ultradoc when a new row is added (form is completed)
 Anyway - while writing this response and trying to articulate what I need I think I solved some of my issues:
  • keyid1 matches the building block URL string for the Mail Ultradoc (not for individual building blocks within the ultradoc)
  • keyid2 (for the bounced/complaint status) matches the iid in the settings for the "Create Smartlink" block autocreated by the wizard within the Mail Ultradoc
  • status that I assigned in the URL is then passed to the next block (Update row) and can be used to update a spreadsheet to track what happened - I can make it what I want.
So the only thing I need help on is:
How do I find the keyid2 for the opened/delivered status?
How do I pass the ${rowNumber} from the google form trigger - it does not appear as an output on the trigger - I can figure it out based on the ${responseTimestamp} (select row where Timestamp = ${responseTimestamp}

thanks in advance for any ideas

Daniel Florey

Oct 21, 2015, 10:37:08 AM10/21/15
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi,
as you guessed you can get the keyid2 by right-clicking on the building block and getting the block url.
The ${rowNumber} will only be present when triggering Ultradox from the Google Sheets sidebar.
So to trigger on form submit, do not use the Forms Trigger Add-on in your scenario but the Sheets Trigger Add-on.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Jim Robertson

Oct 21, 2015, 11:00:16 AM10/21/15
to floreysoft
That is so weird - when I right clicked on a box earlier this morning I only got keyid1 not keyid2 - I guess I need to exit and reenter the Ultradoc for those to be generated?

So if I am understanding you right - I created a building block that says " load worksheet"
then I clicked the gear Icon, and am trying to build a query that will select the newly entered row
I tried (D1:D100,${responseTimestamp} but that still says it loads all rows

Am I on the right track I just need to build the query correctly- or do I need to start with a brand new ultradoc to get this to work right?

thanks again!
Jim

I'm wondering since I setup the mail campaign already. If I can have the last task of the form trigger Ultradoc be a webhook to call the mail campaign ultradoc with the row selected somehow?

Daniel Florey

Oct 21, 2015, 11:10:20 AM10/21/15
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi,
Thanks for the your request!
Can you please post your questions to the Ultradox community?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/114712965181154407381

You can then get help from other users - and if we answer, others will benefit from the knowledge.

Thanks,
Daniel

Jim Robertson

Oct 21, 2015, 11:10:25 AM10/21/15
to floreysoft
I think the key thing I don't understand how to get is to have this run without pressing the play button manually.

Basically - I have the form trigger working to send out an email - which it does great - but I want to send out 2 emails, and on the second email track whether it is opened or not and write back to the same spreadsheet the form uses for responses the current status of the email, sent, opened, bounced, etc.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Robertson

Oct 21, 2015, 11:15:59 AM10/21/15