Need to update Charts (or Images) and Tables in Google Docs before sending them as email attachment

Ashkan

Mar 1, 2018, 1:23:14 PM3/1/18
to floreysoft
I have designed a Form, for which its calculation is done in Sheets and a chart is updated according to a field in the form. I have then inserted (and linked) this chart in Docs. UltraDox updates the field in Sheets upon Form entry and then sends an email with a PDF attachment of the Docs (including the linked chart from Sheets) to the respondent of the Form.

My problem is that the inserted (and linked) chart in Docs is not updated with the latest data (upon Form entry), before being converted and sent by UltraDox.
I understand that Google Docs doesn't update linked charts automatically. As a workaround, I published my chart in Sheet as an 'image' and I inserted it as an linked image in Docs and wrote a piece of script which now automatically updates the image upon 'opening' of the Docs (when I open the Docs manually). Bit still, UtrlaDox doesn't update this image when converting the Docs to PDF, upon submitting the Form, before sending it via email.
I understand that I can insert my script (as Google Apps Script) in my UltraDox  but it needs to be published as web part.

So, Is there any way to configure UltraDox to update linked charts on Google Docs or opening the Docs in such a way that the scripts could run before converting the Docs to PDF?