google form date/time incorrect for calendar ${eventEndTime}

Rohan Carroll

Nov 15, 2014, 8:09:20 AM11/15/14
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Hey Dan,

Trying to use the 'create google calendar' script you have in the popular scripts section

Currently have it working so far as to create an event based on the timestamp (correct) but cannot seem to ever receive a correct endtime

Google form > ultradox form passes from ${value} to ${eventEndTime}> your google apps script > calendar always displays 7:00pm

Using the google form question type 'date and time' I have used pretty much every combination of ${value;datetime(op=full;otz=GMT+10)} , ${value} , ${value(otz=AEDT)} etc. to no luck!

Our local timezone is melbourne AEDT

calendar entries are being created as ending ''correct date - 7:00pm'' despite selecting various endtimes

Is this a syntax issue?

Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help

Rohan

This is the similar to the problem that Neal Taylor had on September 2, 2014 although my timestamp is correct it is the data that is misbehaving!

Daniel Florey

Nov 15, 2014, 8:34:48 AM11/15/14
to floreysoft GmbH
Did you make sure that the date is in the required format, e.g. "January 1, 2013 04:00:00 PM EST"
Google calendar is very picky about the date formats. Please test that the date looks correct by printing it to your template...

Rohan Carroll

Nov 15, 2014, 7:07:22 PM11/15/14
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Printed the following to my template

syntax =
result printed

${pickupdate?;datetime(otz=GMT+10)} =
Nov 17, 2014 10:00:00 AM

${pickupdate?;datetime(op=full)} =
Monday, November 17, 2014 12:00:00 AM UTC

${pickupdate?;datetime(op=dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm:ss)} =
17/11/2014 12:00:00

${pickupdate?;datetime(op=dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm:ss;otz=GMT+10)} =
17/11/2014 10:00:00

${pickupdate?;datetime} =
Nov 17, 2014 12:00:00 AM
The original time entered was 17/11/2014 05:00 PM

Date: Correct!
Time: Never changes
Using datetime defaults to UTC
Using GMT+10 delivers 12:00 + 10 hours
The result in calendar is an event ending at 7:00pm on our timezone and location (which is set in calendar)

Is this a timezone issue? Neal was able to correct his issue by using a more specific location then GMT+X, wondering where I can find the information for melbournes timezone

As always look forward to help

:D

Rohan Carroll

Nov 27, 2014, 1:33:59 AM11/27/14
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the correct timezone to use for Melbourne (australia) ?

Was also hoping to find where the actual code for the 'create calendar event' script is located as there are a couple of tweaks I'd love to do.

:D

Alexia Fan

Sep 20, 2017, 11:57:29 PM9/20/17
to floreysoft
Hi Daniel and team,

I'm trying to pull dates from Sheets onto Doc to make a pdf. For some reason, with whatever format of output/inputs I use I am getting 01 January 2017 as the date. (DD Mmmm YYYY would be the format I'm looking for too). Can you please assist?

Thanks in advance!

Alexia

Daniel Florey

Sep 21, 2017, 4:33:20 AM9/21/17
to floreysoft GmbH
Please make sure that
- the column formatting in the sheet is set to Number->Date
- the block loading the row has the column type set to date
- you use the date renderer when printing the date (e.g. ${myDateColumn;date(op=dd MMMM yyyy)}

Alexia Fan

Nov 6, 2017, 11:35:49 PM11/6/17
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

Hope you're well. Can you please help me with loading things if an if function? I have tried multiple times in many ways.

E.g. I would like to pull things from Sheets into a Doc and then upload as PDF attachment as an email. How do I run this process if and only if under a certain column in Sheet, the cell (where the column meets the row) has "Yes" as the text?

Kind regards,

Alexia Fan

Right Click Capital

Level 2, 7 Bridge Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia
t +61 2 9967 8800

On 21 September 2017 at 18:32, Daniel Florey <daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please make sure that
- the column formatting in the sheet is set to Number->Date
- the block loading the row has the column type set to date
- you use the date renderer when printing the date (e.g. ${myDateColumn;date(op=dd MMMM yyyy)}

Daniel Florey

Nov 7, 2017, 3:46:40 AM11/7/17
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi,
Thanks for the your request!
Can you please post your questions to the Ultradox community?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/114712965181154407381

You can then get help from other users - and if we answer, others will benefit from the knowledge.

Thanks,
Daniel