Having issue with the "Jan 1, 1970" date default + no help from Google+ Community

Christina

Nov 14, 2017, 12:09:49 PM11/14/17
to floreysoft
Hello, I'm not sure what the appropriate method for getting help with this issue is, but I've posted to the Google+ Community with no response. I've tried what suggested solutions I could find in other threads within the Community with no results. So, I'll try here as well and hope for the best. Does responding to my questions depend on my subscription level?

First Post:

I've updated a Ultradox that I built last year. Changing the "load one row" building block to the new version. However, now when I run the Ultradoc, the timestamp is translating to "Jan 1, 1970" on my generated template.

I deleted and readded the variable on my template, but that didn't fix the issue.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is this a bug?

There aren't any errors coming up in the console either.

Second Post:

I tried changing the timestamp column format to number -> date time as suggested in an earlier thread, but that did not fix the issue. I then changed the column format to number -> plain text and that appears to be working. - (this is the only way that I can get the date to show up correctly, but it doesn't work on new form submissions)

Yesterday's Post:

...still having issues with the date defaulting to Jan 1, 1970. It's even doing it when I add a date question to my google form (an attempt at a workaround for the datestamp issue). Both are showing up as Jan 1, 1970 when I run the ultradox. Changing the columns in my spreadsheet to date doesn't work. It's a simple form with no complicated formulas. I even built a new one from scratch this morning and got the same results. What is the solution to this problem?

No matter what I try, the only way I can get the date to show up correctly is to copy the form entries to a new tab, convert the date column to plain text and then run my ultradox. This means that I won't be able to rely on automation (ultradox running on form submission). Not the best solution, but hopefully someone will reply to my question soon.

Daniel Florey

Nov 14, 2017, 4:19:14 PM11/14/17
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi Christina,
are you available for a remote session in the next days to sort out the issue?

Cheers,
Daniel

Christina Cain

Nov 14, 2017, 5:25:49 PM11/14/17
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Daniel, yes I am free the rest of this week. Thanks for your help. Hopefully, it is something simple.

-Christina

Daniel Florey

Nov 15, 2017, 7:41:57 AM11/15/17
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi,
can you please download and start the remote support tool and send me the session code when you are online?

http://get.teamviewer.com/floreysoft

I'll then have a look and will try to help you.

Thanks,
Daniel

Christina Cain

Nov 15, 2017, 11:40:02 AM11/15/17
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am online now. Here is the code:  s50-230-840

Christina

Tom Hibbard

Nov 25, 2017, 8:20:35 PM11/25/17
to floreysoft
Hi Daniel.  I'm having the same exact problem as Christina.  My ultradox was working fine, and now only generates a form titled "Jan 1, 1970."  Can you please help?

Thanks,

Tom
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to floreysoft+...@googlegroups.com.

Christina Cain

Nov 27, 2017, 12:25:44 PM11/27/17
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Tom,

It turns out that there is a panel where the date format is to be set. That is also the panel where you can rename the columns. See the screenshots as reference.

-Christina

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

Tom Hibbard

Nov 27, 2017, 2:54:09 PM11/27/17
to floreysoft
Thanks so much Christina.  That helped a little.  Now the proper date appears, but the names aren't showing up title, and the rest of the content isn't generating.  The forms are coming out blank.  Suggestions?

Christina Cain

Nov 27, 2017, 3:09:52 PM11/27/17
to flore...@googlegroups.com
Double check your spreadsheet column names against what you've renamed them in Ultradox (if you did) and what names your variables using in your template. Things won't work properly if the names don't match.

I know that in the past whenever I edited my form, the spreadsheet column names would default to the form questions and break the workflow. Before I knew about renaming the columns in the building block, my fall back was to copy the properly named columns and past that row onto a blank tab in my worksheet so that I could replace the column names if I needed to in the future.

Although, now that I've renamed the columns within the building block, they are still showing up as the default form questions in my spreadsheet. However, when I go to the template and open the template editor, I see the renamed variables and the workflow works.

Hope this helps with your troubleshooting, my processes are pretty straightforward with little to no calculations.

Reach out to the Google+ Community as well as the Forum if you still need help. Good luck!

-Christina