Ifs inside strings?

Lalla

Apr 5, 2017, 5:44:19 PM4/5/17
to floreysoft
First, Yes, I'm new :-) New to Google Sheets, new to some coding and new to Ultradox.
Here is what I am trying to do :

Tom and Mary are ordering Garden Salad, Steak, no Dessert.

The column Headings are :
Guest 1 (Tom)       Guest 2 (Mary)    Salad (Garden Salad)     Dinner (New York Steak)    Dessert (none)

Want it to look like :
Guest 1. Tom: Garden Salad, New York Steak /  <---- need his order to end with / ... have been Appending  it in the Dessert variable but if dessert isn't ordered then no /
Guest 2. Mary: Garden Salad, New York Steak, Chocolate Cake /  <---showing correctly if / is appended to Dessert variable and this guest orders dessert.

If he didn't order a dinner then the forward slash " / " would have to go after Garden Salad.

Can a IF statement be added into strings? is there a different code I should be using all together?

Here's a example of what I'm using now:

${guest1;string(pre=Guest 1. ;post=:)} ${g1salad:string} ${g1dinner:string(pre=, ;post= / )}

Daniel Florey

Apr 6, 2017, 3:44:27 AM4/6/17
to floreysoft GmbH
Hi,
Thanks for the your request!
Can you please post your questions to the Ultradox community?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/114712965181154407381

You can then get help from other users - and if we answer, others will benefit from the knowledge.

Thanks,
Daniel

Message has been deleted