Re: [FLEx] Digest for flex-list@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

瀏覽次數:15 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Ian Tupper

未讀,
2015年11月2日 晚上11:32:162015/11/2
收件者:flex...@googlegroups.com、jim_ko...@sil.org
Dear Ann,

Thanks for this message. I was successful in downloading the latest version of FLEx.

However, I am still up against the roadblock in downloading the extension to export to Open Office. I have tried clicking on the link in your message, but I continue to get error messages telling me that "LinguisticTools-1.2.8 does not exist" - even though the link I have clicked on specifies "LinguisticTools-2.2.1", not "1.2.8". This problem also occurs when I try to go via the link from http://projects.palaso.org/projects/ooolt.

Ian

On 18/07/2015 3:00 AM, flex...@googlegroups.com wrote:
Ian Tupper <ian_t...@sil.org>: Jul 17 12:13PM +0545

Two problems:

(1) What is the current method for exporting text examples to Open
Office? Two years ago, I asked this question and got the following
answer, which worked fine:

"I gather you still have the installation of Libre or OpenOffice still
on your computer. If so then you should still have the plug-in
installed. Open Libre/OpenOffice and have a look at the menu - is there
a menu item called 'Linguistics'? If so then you still have it installed.

"However if you are using LibreOffice and you have version 4 you will
probably need to update the Linguistics Tools plugin. You can download
it from
http://projects.palaso.org/attachments/download/390/LinguisticTools-2.1.2.oxt
with the writeup about it here:
http://projects.palaso.org/projects/ooolt

"Once you have the Linguistic Tools plugin you export your examples from
FLEx, save them as a .FLEXTEXT file. Follow the instructions here:
http://projects.palaso.org/attachments/download/392/Linguistic_Tools_Help.pdf
"

However, now when I attempt to click on the first link, I get an error
message that the "oxt" document at that address does not exist. So where
do I find it now?

Ian

---
Ann Bush <ann_...@sil.org>: Jul 17 06:42AM -0500

Hi Ian,

You can get the Linguistics Tool plugin at
http://projects.palaso.org/attachments/download/416/LinguisticTools-2.2.1.oxt.
The installation .exe file downloaded from the FieldWorks website is a
self-extracting .exe file. Usually clicking on it extracts the necessary
files for installation. Just let the self-extractor do its thing, if it
fails then that means the setup file itself is corrupted! Most likely due to
damage in transit while downloading, in which case just download it again.

Ann

[...]

(2) My current version of FLEx is version 7.2.7 (2012). I've just gone to
the sil.org website to download the current version, which I presume is
8.1.4 BTE Minimal. However, attempting to open the ".exe" file either
generates an error message with the news that the file is not suitable for a
32-bit machine (my operating system is actually Windows 7
64-Bit) or a dialogue box asking me to name the program top open the file
with. Neither a helpful response. So what is the simplest way to upgrade my
version of FLEx ?

Ian

---

You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.
---
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/flex-list/55A8A08E.3090709%40sil.org.

Avast logo

Ann Bush

未讀,
2015年11月3日 上午9:32:512015/11/3
收件者:flex...@googlegroups.com

Both links work fine for me.  I’ve attached the file.

Ann

LinguisticTools-2.2.1.oxt

Leaders, Marlin

未讀,
2015年11月3日 中午12:24:362015/11/3
收件者:flex...@googlegroups.com

Dear Ian,

I am using LibreOffice 5.0.2.2. and using FLEx 8.1.4. I found a version of Linguistic Tools at this address:

http://projects.palaso.org/projects/ooolt

I was able to download and install a version of Linguistic Tools called LinguisticTools-2.2.1.oxt  .

It may be that they have fixed the link now? Ctrl+Click my link to the file link in the paragraphs above or go to the palaso site and try again.

Hope this works for you.

Marlin

I sent the files to Ian off list.  The server seems to be working now, so it was probably just a temporary issue.

-Jim K

Ian Tupper <ian_...@sil.org>: Jul 17 12:13PM +0545

[...]

回覆所有人
回覆作者