Can't see the template table under Category Edit

8 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Hljodulfr

ungelesen,
01.09.2016, 14:38:5901.09.16
an FLEx list
I've recently updated to the 8.3 version of FLEx and since then, I've been unable to locate the template table under Category Edit.  I usually don't tinker with this area very much since I've been heavily into data entry mode, but every now and then I need to get into it.  Usually I have to hunt for it, but this time, I'm not having any luck.  Is there any reason why it wouldn't show up?  When I click on Category Edit, I see my "parts of speech" tree, but only a huge white area to the right of it.

Any ideas?

Hljodulfr

ungelesen,
29.09.2016, 10:11:1129.09.16
an FLEx list
This is a pretty big sticking-point for me.  Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Jonathan Dailey

ungelesen,
29.09.2016, 10:42:2629.09.16
an FLEx List
That is very odd.  Does it look like this?
Inline image 1
Or does the part under category (part of speech) have a blank white space?

--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.

SIL International
Language Technology Consultant

Hljodulfr

ungelesen,
29.09.2016, 11:55:4429.09.16
an FLEx list
It is just a blank white space (doesn't even say "Category (or Part of Speech)" at the top.

On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 1:38:59 PM UTC-5, Hljodulfr wrote:
I've recently updated to the 8.3 version of FLEx and since then, I've been unable to locate the template table under Category Edit.  I usually don't tinker with this area very much since I've been heavily into data entry mode, but every now and then I need to get into it.  Usually I have to hunt for it, but this time, I'm not having any luck.  Is there any reason why it wouldn't show up?  When I click on Category Edit, I see my "parts of speech" tree, but only a huge white area to the right of it.

Any ideas?

--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.
---

Jonathan Dailey

ungelesen,
29.09.2016, 17:40:5329.09.16
an FLEx List
I am running the same version.  I would try running the installer again or repair or uninstall and then reinstall.  My 8.3 alpha (off of the site) has that showing fine.

Beth-docs Bryson

ungelesen,
29.09.2016, 19:03:0329.09.16
an flex...@googlegroups.com
Or back up the project and send it to FLEx_...@sil.org.

-Beth

Hljodulfr

ungelesen,
24.10.2016, 14:04:3224.10.16
an FLEx list
I've just reinstalled the latest and greatest version of FLEx (8.3.1 I believe) and I am still unable to see it.  I've also noticed that I am also unable to see anything to the right of my Lists area.  Usually there are 3 areas...the lists are listed on the left, what is in whatever list you have selected is in the middle, and on the right is where you can add more.  What I don't have is that area on the right.  It doesn't show up for anything in my Lists area.  This looks like it is the same problem as my original post, just in another area.  I'm able to add a list item via the "List Item" button.  It shows up in the list as three asterisks (***).  But I'm unable to edit it.  Normally I'd be able to select one to edit it via a pane on the right, but it just isn't there.

Is there a setting somewhere I should check, perhaps?

On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 1:38:59 PM UTC-5, Hljodulfr wrote:

Hljodulfr

ungelesen,
24.10.2016, 14:38:1224.10.16
an FLEx list
Looks like I figured it out!!  I was plugging away, working on my database when I saw something that looked odd an the EXTREME right side of the screen.  I hovered my mouse over it and it turned into a draggable arrow.  Pulled it to the left and there was the pane I've been missing!

On Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 1:38:59 PM UTC-5, Hljodulfr wrote:

Paul Unger

ungelesen,
26.10.2016, 01:52:1826.10.16
an flex...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that caught out a new user that I was helping the other day as
well. She was in quite a flap because she couldn't see the 'Entry'
pane in the Lexicon view. The look she gave me when I showed her what
had happened was priceless. :-P The good thing is once you know about
it, you'll never forget it!

I don't know what the purpose of being able to hide the right-most
pane is, but it's pretty disconcerting for a user who doesn't know
about it. It seems the 'hidden' pane should be more visible somehow.
That kind of defeats the purpose of hiding it [whatever that is],
but...

Paul
> --
> You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
> Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/flex-list/05f64b5d-e7c5-42f6-8fce-c22aee7cc719%40googlegroups.com.
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor