Importing plurilingual notes the same way as plurilingual translations

Natalia

Feb 5, 2016, 10:55:49 AM2/5/16
to FLEx list

Hello!

I am trying to import a text for which I have --in addition to the text line that I will be parsing-- an intonational unit transcription and an orthographic transcription with lots of inconsistencies (that I would like to preserve but do not want to align word by word). I have chosen to import the latter transcriptions in the note field, one transcription configured to Latin and the other to German. I reserve English and Spanish for other kinds of notes.

I have discovered that whether it is the flextext import or the SFM interlinear import I get four plurilingual note fields (each note label shows sub-labels for the four configured languages) with only one language note in each of the four, instead of a single note field with four different language values. I have tried re-importing a test example exported from Flex with the right shape but I get the same results (I have included a snapshot of this last test, with the corresponding exported XML flextext file and a shot of the re-imported result).

However, if I import two Free Translations (one in English, one in Spanish), these are imported in the expected form (although the XML seems to code these the same way as the note fields). So using the Free Translation with more languages would be a possible workaround although I would feel more comfortable if the extra information I want to preserve was classified as a note instead of a translation if this was possible.

Thank you for your help!

Natalia

P.S: I realized after pasting the exported XML file that there is a bug at the note level with the languages, which I had also noticed in at least one previous test.

NoteProblem.jpg