Can't show some custom fields in dictionary

7 vaatamist
Liigu esimese lugemata sõnumi juurde

Hljodulfr

lugemata,
29. sept 2016, 10:10:4129.09.16
kuni FLEx list
I've got a number of custom fields in my dictionary entries.  For example, I have created a list for all of the sources I am using.  I created a custom field that uses that list and I can link to whichever source I need to.  This field, and a couple others, show up just fine when I check their respective checkboxes under Tools > Configure > Dictionary.  But I have a couple other fields that won't show up for whatever reason, no matter what I do.  For example, I've created a custom field named "Custom Notes" and that links to a list where I have a number of notes that reflect special rules, circumstances, etc. for multiple entries.  These fields work as intended within the database, but when I want to have them show up in the dictionary, they don't show up at all.  I've tried changing their location, restarting FLEx, restarting my computer, etc.  I can't figure out why they might not be showing up.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jonathan Dailey

lugemata,
29. sept 2016, 10:47:1029.09.16
kuni FLEx List
Custom fields are always tricky. I recommend not using them.  I have no ideas to get them to show in the dictionary.

However, a work around would be to use the already provided fields.  Bulk edit the custom notes to the notes field or the grammar notes field or something like that.  Those should show up in the dictionary after configuration.  As this version is in alpha, I think they might try to fix this sort of thing.

--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.

SIL International
Language Technology Consultant

Beth-docs Bryson

lugemata,
29. sept 2016, 11:06:0429.09.16
kuni flex...@googlegroups.com
Certainly custom fields was one of the areas where the “Configure Dictionary” work had some gaps, in the 8.3.0 Alpha version.  We wanted to get as many of the built-in fields working first.

Please send your project and a description to FLEx_...@si.org so we can see exactly which fields were not working, and we can test them in the beta we are trying to ship.

-Beth

On Sep 29, 2016, at 9:10 AM, Hljodulfr <s...@legendreaders.com> wrote:

[...]

29. sept 2016, 12:03:3229.09.16
kuni FLEx list
Will do!  I've noticed that this seems to be related to a bug I reported a day or so ago where the senses aren't shown in the dictionary view (or export) when you select a component for an entry.  This seems to nullify some of the custom fields as well.  I created a few test entries to determine if a basic entry will show the custom fields.  It showed one of them that aren't available in my other entries.  But once I added a component, it was gone.  But if this is something specific to this "quick alpha build," then it is more understandable and I feel better about it :).

I'll get the project to you soon!

Leaders, Marlin

lugemata,
29. sept 2016, 12:47:5729.09.16
kuni flex...@googlegroups.com

Custom fields in FLEx 3.2.8 are listed in the Tools… Configure… Dictionary window at the bottom of the Entry (Minor Entry or Sense) level. They seem to be listed in the order the custom fields were originally created.

Custom fields will appear in Dictionary views when their box to the left of the Custom field Name is checked. Or, if you click on the Custom Name, you can check the Display if data present box in the right pane. There in the right pane you can also choose writing systems to display, and order them. You can check lists members to view and adjust order. You can format Font character styles, and configure the surrounding contexts.

Custom field orders can be moved up or down the dictionary list with the configure arrows to the right of the fields list.

I don't know what changes have been made in FLEx Alpha 3.0.

Marlin

[...]

Vasta kõigile
Vasta autorile
Saada edasi