Chorus Hub

Martin Zaske

Jan 31, 2018, 8:21:20 AM1/31/18
to flex...@googlegroups.com
I have just configured a new computer. Installed the latest stable Flex
from late 2017.

Then I followed the Flex help and installed the hidden-inside Chorus
Hub. It works fine.

Then I remembered having seen something about PT8 now also using Chorus
Hub. So I tried that.

Got an error message about "old version". Then went online according to
the PT instructions to SIL to get the latest Chorus Hub and discovered a
version from 2016!

So I ask myself, how can the hidden-inside Chorus Hub installation from
the latest end-of-2017 not be more recent? I look at the .msi properties
inside the Flex folders and find that SIL is shipping a Chorus Hub from
2015(!) with its latest stable release of Flex, although even on the SIL
website there is a more recent one available.

Are there reasons for this? Is this just an oversight? Or can Flex not
handle the more recent one?

Is there a recommendation about running (or maybe NOT running) both Flex
and PT8 on the same Chorus Hub service on one machine?

Any info welcome, thank you.

Martin

--
Martin Zaske; BP 50, Bassila, Benin
+229 97.44.62.95

Theoretisch gibt es zwischen Theorie und Praxis keinen Unterschied. Praktisch gibt es ihn aber.