Bulk find/replace??

George Saad

Nov 22, 2016, 7:12:35 AM11/22/16
to FLEx list
Dear Flex users,

As I import ELAN files into Flex, I notice a number of spelling mistakes. Is there any way that I can change baseline form from e.g. hatok > hatooq, for a series of text. I know that you can do this for every text separately but is there a way to do this in bulk. The bulk replace tab in Bulk edit wordforms doesnt seem to change the baseline form.

All the best,
George

Ron Lockwood

Nov 22, 2016, 11:04:48 AM11/22/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Hi George,

There's a tool in FLEx for just this issue. Here's what you do:
1. Go to the Word Analyses view
2. Click on the word you want to change
3. Select Tools > Spelling > Change Spelling from the menu
4. Type the new spelling in the box.

The spelling will get changed in all texts including the baseline.

Ron

--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.

George Saad

Nov 22, 2016, 12:39:20 PM11/22/16
to FLEx list
Dear Ron,

Thank you so much! It's been bugging me for a few days! This will surely speed up my workflow! Well appreciated!

Cheers,
George