Spelling Status of new Lexicon Entries

Jeff Shrum

Mar 24, 2015, 1:07:22 PM3/24/15
to flex...@googlegroups.com

It seems no one had any suggestions on how to specify spelling status of words as I enter them into the lexicon.  I think I will submit this capacity as a feature request.  In the meantime the only way I can see to do it is to enter the headwords into the text area as a word list.  I really don't want to have any texts to slow Flex down until I have most of the Lexicon completed,  but I see no other way.  Maybe I will delete the word list after I have changed the spelling status of the words to "correct".

Jeff Shrum

Jonathan Dailey

Mar 26, 2015, 10:11:08 AM3/26/15
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

I had a thought and just now was able to check it.  I think that the answer lies in the spelling dictionary files (hunspell).  Search the FLEx help files for "spelling status" and one of the entries talks about it.  I am able to edit the .dic files with a text editor.  You could add the word list that you have into this and then import the word list into Flex separately like you have already done.

Jonathan

--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.

Hugh Paterson

Mar 26, 2015, 1:02:57 PM3/26/15
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Wasn't there a flex to hunspell path that someone had created? I thought it was in a repo somewhere but now I can't remember where.
- Hugh