Crash when parsing

Daniel Wild

Jul 23, 2016, 4:03:37 PM7/23/16
to FLEx list
Every time I parse just one simple word, Flex crashes. Even just 'Try Word' crashes the program.  How can I find the problem record or grammar conflict? I have more than 2500 entries in the lexicon, and complex affix tables.

Beth-docs Bryson

Jul 25, 2016, 1:53:53 AM7/25/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com, flex_...@sil.org
The best way to get help with something like this is to write to FLEx_...@sil.org (copied).  In all likelihood, they will ask you for a backup of your project, since there just isn’t enough information here to know what is happening.  Plenty of people are able to parse words, so this is not a general problem with FLEx, but rather (probably) a problem relating to your specific database.

This list is a great place to ask questions that other users could help with, but FLEx_...@sil.org is specifically for technical help like this.

-Beth

--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.

Beth-docs Bryson

Jul 25, 2016, 2:04:39 AM7/25/16
to Beth-docs Bryson, flex...@googlegroups.com, flex_...@sil.org
What I mean is, there probably *is* a bug in FLEx, because it certainly shouldn’t crash.  But something about your data reveals it in a way that other data doesn’t.

In any case, please do send the crash report in to FLEx Errors, as well as a backup of your database.

-Beth