Send/Receive with multiple projects

Grant Aiton

Jan 26, 2016, 8:22:54 PM1/26/16
to FLEx list
Hello, I would like to begin syncing two variants of a project, which I would like to keep seperate and up to date. Essentially, one is a subset of the other. I am concerned about the possibility of conflicts between the versions while using send/receive, and I'm not sure how to send more than one project with my languagedepot account. Could anyone who has been working with send/receive on multiple projects please share your advice and experience?

Thank you very much,
Grant Aiton

Randy Regnier

Jan 26, 2016, 8:45:31 PM1/26/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
You will need two separate projects on the Language Depot server. Even
though your personal login account will be used for both projects, they
will have different project identifiers, which will help keep them
distinct. Once you have created both projects on your computer and you
have done the initial Send for each to the respective Language Depot
project, you won't be able to confuse the two, as the underlying Chorus
system will keep them separated, even if you accidentally try and send
one of them to the other location on Language Depot.

If you end up using USB drives for Send/Receive on the two variants, the
system will still keep them quite distinct, as the system uses an
internal identifier for each such project. The system doesn't allow
mixing two projects with distinct internal identifiers. Theory has it
that no two projects can have the same internal identifier.

Randy Regnier