Word-forming characters in

Jonas Lau

Jul 3, 2016, 8:33:44 AM7/3/16
to FLEx list
Dear everyone,

I am currently working on a project where two languages (German and Lower German) are spoken. I transcribed the interviews in ELAN, used the ELAN-FLEx-ELAN workflow by Salffner and Garreth and the import into FLEx worked fine. Lower German is my only vernacular language because it's this language I want to analyse. Therefore, just the lines of Lower German are interlinearisable.

The problem I am facing is the one of word-forming caracters: The punctuation marks of Lower German attach to the previous words which is why already added glosses are not detected if a punctuation mark follows. Strangely, they still separate sentences and push the following sentence into a new line. I tried everything I could find in previous threads and the help files and added all characters to valid characters while defining , . ; : ? ! etc. as punctuation marks, but the problem still exists. The punctuation marks are definitely not defined as word forming characters but behave like such.

Strangely, The German punctuation marks are separated well from the words in the analyse section.

Could anyone help me with this problem?