Problems with S/R recently?

Mari-Sisko Khadgi

Oct 18, 2016, 7:37:06 AM10/18/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Has anyone else been having trouble with S/R recently?  I suspect there are some problems with Language Depot.  I haven’t been able to do S/R with any of our projects.

Regards,
Mari-Sisko

Boutin, Michael

Oct 18, 2016, 8:24:20 AM10/18/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com

Yes, I have had problems the last 4 days.

Michael Boutin

--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.

Eric Pawley

Oct 18, 2016, 8:36:38 AM10/18/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mari-Sisko,

Yes, I heard this afternoon from one of the developers that Language Depot was down. I’m sure they’ll have it back up soon.

Blessings,
Eric

Ken Zook

Oct 18, 2016, 9:21:09 AM10/18/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com

Language Depot was down for part of the day for planned maintenance.  Originally the down time was supposed to be minimal but there were a few bumps in the road that caused the outage to be longer.  There may be more outages yet this week but as of right now Language Depot is currently up.

The best way to get a response for LanguageDepot problems is to send a message to flex_...@sil.org along with the S/R error log.

Ken

chas

Oct 18, 2016, 9:52:47 AM10/18/16
to FLEx list
It's working for me (Tuesday, 18 Oct. 2016, 13:50 GMT).

Mari-Sisko Khadgi

Oct 19, 2016, 12:08:40 AM10/19/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com, ad...@languagedepot.org
Thanks!
In the future, it would be nice if the planned outages (even short ones) could be informed on this FLEx list, as some of us may be running a workshop or be in the last legs of getting a dictionary published.  In those cases we can have a back-up plan, if we know that Language Depot is going to be down.

Regards,
Mari-Sisko
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "FLEx list" group.

Stevan Vanderwerf

Oct 20, 2016, 4:07:02 PM10/20/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After helping a project convert their 20,000+ entry SFM database to FLEx, we've noticed an issue with some duplication. The same entry is created as a variant and cross-reference separately, thereby generating two entries in the lexicon (with homograph numbers).

Printed example of what we are looking for:

Current result in FLEx:

In Bulk Edit I've been able to change the Show Minor entry and remove the second (extra) homograph from the visible dictionary. However, this leaves the problem of the main entry referencing a cross reference with a homograph number that doesn't exist as an entry and also now we have entries that show a homograph number but are 'missing' the next one.

This is the SFM code which we used to do the import:

\lx hılkayış
\ue Qelacıx, Qerxan
\cf hılpayış
\ge
\gn
\xv
\xe
\ng
\nt
\so rh
\date
\dt 07/Mar/2009

\lx hılpayış
\va hılkayış
\ps gçs.f.
\ge yorgunluk_nefesi_alıp_vermek_(insanlarda)
\gn stöhnen
\xv No merdım betıllyayo, oyo hılpeno.
\xe Bu adam yorulmuş, yorgunluk nefesi alıp veriyor.
\ng şmd.z. fv:hılpeno; em.k. fv:bıhılpi
\nt
\so nc.
\date 16/04/02
\dt 03/Dec/2010

Any ideas about how we can merge a variant into a cross-reference (not possible in Bulk Edit)? It would be nice to know if it would be possible in FLEx tools?

Thanks,

Stevan
Language Technology Consultant

Beth-docs Bryson

Oct 20, 2016, 5:03:44 PM10/20/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Stevan, has work happened in the database since it was imported?  If you can wait for FW 8.3.1 Beta 1, we have fixed something related to this, so a re-import might help.  Even if what we fixed is not this exact thing, Ken Zook can probably recommend a CC table to run over the SFM file to prevent this from happening.

-Beth