Where to control text showing in Minor Entry

Kevin Warfel

Apr 18, 2016, 2:49:14 PM4/18/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com

I’m very much a learner when it comes to configuring my dictionary in FLEx so would appreciate some tips from those of you who are more experienced in this area.

In my dictionary, I have an entry for tɩ̃̀, as shown below. This verb has an irregularly formed completive aspect (sort of like past tense) form, so I’ve added that form as an irregular variant (completive).

I wasn’t sure whether to tick both boxes in the hierarchy (Forme flexionnelle irrégulière *and* Accompli) or just Accompli. So that’s my first question, I guess.

If I tick both boxes, the text in the minor entry reads “forme accomplie de , flex.irr. de ” (= completive form of , irregular inflection of ). (See screenshot below.) The text I would like to appear in this context is “flex.irr.acc de ” or “forme accomplie irrégulière de ” but I can’t find where the text “flex.irr. de ” is entered so that I can edit it to what I want. I’ve been looking in the Variant portion of the Minor Entry section of the Configure Dictionary dialog box. I don’t see it there, so I must be looking in the wrong place. Can someone point me to the right place to look?

Thank you!

Kevin

Kevin Warfel

Apr 18, 2016, 2:56:56 PM4/18/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com

Sorry to have contributed toward the filling of your Inbox with my question. I found the location to control the text a few minutes after sending my message to this list.

Turns out it was not in the Configure Dictionary dialog at all, but in the Abbreviation field of the variant form itself in the Lists area.

-Kevin

Leaders, Marlin

Apr 18, 2016, 7:08:52 PM4/18/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com

Kevin, If you check both boxes then you get both of their abbreviations. I’d probably only check the completive one. You can change the abbreviations in the LISTS area, the bottom one on my list if Variant Types. There you can type by the abbreviation line, the exact abbreviation you want for your irregular completives. Notice that the Reverse abbreviation line controls the abbreviation before the main root or stem.

Marlin

--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.