Important flextext from saymore

Ray Willett

Oct 5, 2017, 9:48:45 PM10/5/17
to FLEx list
I have been trying to import .flextext files from saymore and it keeps giving me an error. I think it may be related to the transcription/free translation writing systems on saymore, I am using a custom keyboard I made for Cherokee but I don't see a way to set that up in saymore. Can anyone help me with what sort of settings I need to make sure my keyboards match between flex and saymore?

Jonathan Dailey

Oct 5, 2017, 10:35:37 PM10/5/17
to FLEx List
Ray,

It is actually the writing systems that need to match.  When you click on Export Flextext in Saymore you should get this:Inline image 1

make sure to choose the transcription writing system that is the same as the writing system in FLEx.  If you do not see the above writing system popup then try updating to a new version of SayMore.

Jonathan

--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.

SIL International
Language Technology Consultant

Ray Willett

Oct 5, 2017, 10:49:48 PM10/5/17
to FLEx list
Thanks, I got it working!

On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 9:35:37 PM UTC-5, Jonathan Dailey wrote:
[...]

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/flex-list/43eadb68-8dda-4ea3-a749-fad9f964df63%40googlegroups.com.

Alexander Rice

Mar 3, 2019, 6:42:11 PM3/3/19
to FLEx list
I am having a similar error, FLEX won't recognize the flextext file I export from saymore. I tried changing the writing system in FLEX to match what I have in Saymore, but now that just makes SayMore crash whenever I try to export as a flextext.

Jonathan Dailey

Alexander Rice

Mar 8, 2019, 6:28:12 PM3/8/19
to FLEx list
SayMore: 3.2, FLEX 8.3, I'll try 8.12 and see if that helps.

Alexander Rice

Mar 8, 2019, 6:44:49 PM3/8/19
to FLEx list
No dice, or at least I think. Here in previous releases I don't see an 8.12, there's a 8.0.10 and 8.1.4, I chose 8.1.4 and was still unsuccessful.

Beth-docs Bryson

Mar 9, 2019, 12:57:52 AM3/9/19
to flex...@googlegroups.com
What about 8.3.12?  That is the latest stable version, and if it is an issue of SayMore being too new, then the newest version of FLEx might be what is needed.

Jonathan Dailey

Mar 10, 2019, 11:10:51 PM3/10/19
to FLEx List
I meant 8.3.12 Skipped a number. importing a text has to have the exact same writing systems as the FLEx fields you are bringing it into. I keep finding this to be the main hangup.

Alexander Rice

Mar 14, 2019, 11:03:38 AM3/14/19
to FLEx list
May it's the writing system configuration I don't understand then.

Here are some screen shots:

SayMore:

sm.jpg

Flex:

flex.jpg

These match right? Or no?

Alexander Rice

Mar 14, 2019, 1:05:21 PM3/14/19
to FLEx list
Okay, I got it to work, there are multiple versions of this language listed in FLEX and tried multiple times, but Say More would crash no matter what. I reinstalled SayMore and now I can export succesfully, and FLEX still wouldn't reognize it until I tried different versions, nevertheless I found the correct one and was able succesfully import the .flextext.

Thank you all for your help.