Flex window minimises every time I enter a lexical or word gloss

Amy Parncutt

Jan 23, 2018, 10:16:20 PM1/23/18
to FLEx list
Hi all

I'm wondering if you can help me. I've just started using Flex again since the Windows Fall Creators update. Now every time I click to enter a lexical or word gloss in Texts and Words - Analyze mode, the entire Flex window minimises. The program is still open, but I end up looking at another window or my desktop whenever I click on the correct gloss.

I was still using version 8.2 when the problem started this morning, so have just updated to the latest version on the website, (8.3.11 Full SE), but the problem is still occurring.

I'm using Windows 10 version 1709.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!
Amy

Ann Bush

Jan 24, 2018, 9:13:11 AM1/24/18
to flex...@googlegroups.com

Hi Amy.

Hi Amy,

You are right, this is a problem with Windows 1709.  The workaround is:

F:LEx. always brings up the previously active window before activating Flex. So if you can activate some window that is not under Flex before activating Flex, then it won't be noticeable.

·         Ann

--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.

Tim Gaved

Jan 24, 2018, 11:05:53 AM1/24/18
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Ann,
I don't really understand what you mean.
For me FLEx is full screen so all other windows are under FLEx. Even if FLEx is not full screen then any other window would be partially under it, unless I specifically reduced the window to something very small just for the purposes of this work around. So I don't think this workaround is very feasible for me.
I work around it by making sure that all other applications are minimised. Then FLEx doesn't have any other window to (erroneously) switch to and so the focus stays with FLEx. If I'm switching between FLEx and other applications, I do have to remember to actively minimise them though, which is a bit annoying.
I hope a more permanent solution can be quickly found
Tim G

Ann Bush

Jan 24, 2018, 11:13:59 AM1/24/18
to flex...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tim,

We’ve had quite a few people complain about this.  Someone needs to look at this, but everyone is full up with other tasks.  When our manager gets back (Friday or Monday), I will bring this up with him.  He will decide whether we should try to do something about this or contact Microsoft to fix the problem.  Since you are using FLEx fell-screen, it sounds like you have a good work-around.  I know it is a nuisance, but please be patient a bit longer.

Ann

Amy Parncutt

Jan 31, 2018, 3:59:21 AM1/31/18
to FLEx list
Hi Ann and Tim
Thank you both for your replies. Tim, you're right- it just switches to the last window rather than minimising. Keeping all other windows minimised was a good workaround today (funny, i thought i tried that last week!). Thank you both for your help.
Cheers
Amy