FieldWorks 8.3.1 Beta 1

Beth-docs Bryson

Oct 20, 2016, 5:17:13 PM10/20/16
to lingtr...@googlegroups.com, linu...@groups.kastanet.org, flex...@googlegroups.com, flex-o...@googlegroups.com
We are happy to announce the first beta version of FieldWorks 8.3.

We hope many of you have enjoyed using the Alpha version of FieldWorks 8.3 (FieldWorks 8.3.0 Alpha 3).  That version introduced many of the new features in the new "Configure Dictionary" functionality, as well as the "one-button push to Webonary" feature.

Now we have a Beta version (FieldWorks 8.3.1 Beta 1) that includes all that was in the Alpha 3, as well as numerous fixes and improvements, some new features, and several new fields.

NOTE: This version involves a MODEL CHANGE.   What that means is that once you open a project in this version, you will not be able to open that project in a previous version.  Thus, we recommend:
  - Please make a backup of your project *before* you uninstall your current version of FieldWorks.
  - Please store the backup in such a way that you will be able to know what version made the backup.  (For instance, you might create a separate folder for backups made with FW 8.0.4-8.3.0, versus backups made with FW 8.3.1.)

We are excited about the new features in this version.  Full details are available at:

http://fieldworks.sil.org/download/fw-831/

including new features, known issues, and details about compatibility with other versions.

We invite you to try it out.  You may send feedback to FLEx_...@sil.org, or directly to me.

Beth Bryson
for the FieldWorks development team

Linux version available in the Experimental section of packages.sil.org.  For example,

deb http://packages.sil.org/ubuntu xenial-experimental main

dawson tennant

Oct 20, 2016, 8:03:21 PM10/20/16
to linu...@groups.kastanet.org, lingtr...@googlegroups.com, flex...@googlegroups.com, flex-o...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations team!

Blessings,
Dawson

---
TBC is a growing community where Jesus is worshipped and the gospel of
his saving grace is proclaimed, where the presence of the Holy Spirit
is felt and brings a passionate love for God and all who come.