Getting a text into .doc or .rtf format

Keith Slater

Jun 26, 2015, 1:24:42 PM6/26/15
to flex...@googlegroups.com
What procedure will get me from an interlinearized text in FLEx to a .doc or .rtf?

I have outputted an interlinearized text to .odt format. I can export from .odt to .pdf, and get a working file.

But when I try to use "save as" to go from .odt to .docx or .rft, I get files that are unreadable. (If I re-open those outputs in libre office, they open but the formatting is worse than chaotic.)

Keith

Keith Slater

Jul 1, 2015, 9:45:52 AM7/1/15
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Bump. This is a real problem. I can't find any way to get a FLEx text output into a format that my coworker can edit.

Aaron Broadwell

Jul 1, 2015, 6:05:02 PM7/1/15
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Possibly others know of a work-around, but I have not been able to get a text in .odt to save to .doc in a sensible way.  I have needed to go back to FLEx and export in Word 2007 format.

I believe that this is a problem with Open Office/Libre Office, in that its format for frames (?) does not export to Word.

Aaron