S/R push error

Snoh Rrum

Jan 26, 2016, 10:10:40 PM1/26/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Attempting the 1st Send/Receive since upgrading to FLex 8.2.4, the S/R failed, giving the following message:

   Warning: Could not send to E:\Kwomtari
   abort: push creates new remote head 50dbc7c81fc4!
   (merge or see "hg help push" for details about pushing new heads)

   hg Command was
   push --new-branch "E:\Kwomtari"
   hg version is: Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 3.3)
   (see http://mercurial.selenic.com for more information)

Searching for "hg help push", and "push new head" returned zero results on the mercurial site (which by the way lists 11 updates after 3.3, but does not list 3.3).

Strangely, attempting a ParaTExt S/R to the same USB drive, the one we've been using for both FLex & PT all along, also failed:

   The selected drive has not been configured for a Send/Receive.

   Open the 'File > Send/Receive Projects' dialog, select projects to
   Send/Receive and click the Send/Receive button.

We have not had S/R issues for several years (since FW 7.2.6 in 2012), so I'm really wondering what is happening here?
Murray

Randy Regnier

Jan 27, 2016, 12:38:34 AM1/27/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Are you doing a full project S/R with FLEx, or the lexicon S/R? I ask, because FLEx 7.2.6 had no full project S/R capability.  It could only do the lexicon S/R. Full FLEx project S/R only started in its 8.x series. Which version of FLEx did you most recently upgrade from?

As far as newer versions of Mercurial.... That is likely true. But, we do not attempt to keep current with the newest version of Mercurial. We upgrade only when there are desirable features we want in the newer version. For instance, we jumped from an antique 1.something version of Mercurial to 3.3 in this upgrade, skipping the entire 2.x series altogether.

Paratext and FLEx both use Mercurial for their respective S/R systems, but each uses Mercurial quite differently.

Randy Regnier
--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.

Snoh Rrum

Jan 27, 2016, 6:28:04 PM1/27/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
We upgraded from FLex 8.2.3

I should have, and normally would have, been doing a full project S/R, but now that I look at the drop down menu, I wonder if I had mistakenly clicked S/R Lexicon.

So I decided to just try the proper S/R project, but noticed the Check for Flexbridge updates item, so I clicked that, and did download the 2.3.10.0 update. However, that crashed. Now if I attempt S/R project, FLex freezes and I have to End Task. I also noticed the 8.2.5 release after my original post, which says it fixes a S/R problem.

So, do I install 8.2.5 and hope it resolves everything?

I'll send in the Problem Report, but here is the Windows 8.1 crash report:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    FLExBridge.exe
  Application Version:    2.3.10.0
  Application Timestamp:    5697a74e
  Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.3.9600.18007
  Fault Module Timestamp:    55c4bcfc
  Exception Code:    e0434352
  Exception Offset:    00015b68
  OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    4105
  Additional Information 1:    5861
  Additional Information 2:    5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
  Additional Information 3:    1318
  Additional Information 4:    13181ae637ac2592fac0ca2dd662cdcc

All this less than a week before we go to our helicopter allocation!
Thank you for all your responses on this list, and for this one in particular.
Murray

Randy Regnier

Jan 27, 2016, 7:12:41 PM1/27/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
On 1/27/2016 4:28 PM, Snoh Rrum wrote:
We upgraded from FLex 8.2.3

I should have, and normally would have, been doing a full project S/R, but now that I look at the drop down menu, I wonder if I had mistakenly clicked S/R Lexicon.

FLEx Bridge supports doing both, and it will keep both separated. Each would need its own proejct on Language Depot, but it looked like your issue was with a USB drive.

So I decided to just try the proper S/R project, but noticed the Check for Flexbridge updates item, so I clicked that, and did download the 2.3.10.0 update. However, that crashed. Now if I attempt S/R project, FLex freezes and I have to End Task. I also noticed the 8.2.5 release after my original post, which says it fixes a S/R problem.

So, do I install 8.2.5 and hope it resolves everything?

FLEx 8.2.5 will fix the bugs listed here, but the S/R fix is for Linux, not Windows.

Please contact me offlist, and we'll try to identify the problem. Besides contacting me by email, you can try me on Skype (regnrand).

Randy Regnier