Release of FieldWorks 8.3.10

ann_...@sil.org

Nov 16, 2017, 1:30:04 PM11/16/17
to flex...@googlegroups.com

We are happy to announce that FieldWorks 8.3.10 is now available.  This version fixes some serious problems we have seen with version 8.3.9.

As with release 8.3.9, XP is no longer supported.  This is due to some of the changes made so FLEx will work with Paratext 8.

FieldWorks for Windows will work with Paratext 8.  FieldWorks for Linux will have to wait until version 9 to support Paratext 8.

Most machines already have .Net 4.6.1 installed.  But, especially on Windows 8/8.1, this may need to be installed for the Paratext 8 interface to work.

After upgrading to this version, the data will not open in any version prior to 8.3.3, so make a backup before upgrading.  If you are sharing data with others, the entire team should use a version of FieldWorks with the same data model. For more specifics about version 8.3 and the changes made, see the release notes.

For details on the specific changes since FW 8.3.9, please visit:

http://software.sil.org/fieldworks/fw8310/

The Windows version of FieldWorks 8.3.9 can be downloaded from:

http://software.sil.org/fieldworks/download/fw-8310/

The Linux version is available for Xenial and Trusty in the main section of the packages.sil.org repository. For installation instructions, see http://packages.sil.org/ under "Install SIL software” (under Wasta or Ubuntu).

At this time, we encourage everyone using FLEx to upgrade to this version.  Please send any feedback (including positive experiences) to FLEx_...@sil.org.

Ann

for the FieldWorks development

Emmanuel HABUMUREMYI

Nov 16, 2017, 2:46:58 PM11/16/17
to flex...@googlegroups.com, ann_...@sil.org
Thank you for the announcement. I will try it.

Regards,
Emmanuel Habumuremyi

--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.

Wes Peacock

Nov 17, 2017, 11:19:13 AM11/17/17
to FLEx list

>The Windows version of FieldWorks 8.3.9 can be downloaded from:

>  http://software.sil.org/fieldworks/download/fw-8310/

I assume this is a typo and should read:

On Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 11:30:04 AM UTC-7, Ann Bush wrote:

[...]

[clip]

ann_...@sil.org

Brian O'Herin

Nov 21, 2017, 5:00:32 PM11/21/17
to flex...@googlegroups.com

Does this new version work with the updates in Windows 10? I still am unable to use Flex at all.

>The Windows version of FieldWorks 8.3.9 can be downloaded from:

Jonathan Dailey

Nov 21, 2017, 5:31:11 PM11/21/17
to FLEx List
Yes.  But if it does not then you need to update windows to version 1709.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/flex-list/b7d2823f-ee59-4020-8acb-c5252d806495%40googlegroups.com.

You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.
To change your status, please write to flex_d...@sil.org.
You can join this group by going to http://groups.google.com/group/flex-list.
---

SIL International
Language Technology Consultant

John Brownie

Nov 21, 2017, 6:56:08 PM11/21/17
to flex...@googlegroups.com
I don't seem to see the update for Wasta Linux 16.04. It still shows the 8.3.9 version. I've tried both our local mirror and the packages.sil.org repositories.

Has anyone else seen this?

John
17 November 2017 at 04:29
--
You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.
To change your status, please write to flex_d...@sil.org.
You can join this group by going to http://groups.google.com/group/flex-list.
---

John Brownie
SIL-PNG, Ukarumpa, Eastern Highlands, Papua New Guinea

Ken K

Nov 22, 2017, 4:48:55 PM11/22/17
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
 I tried downloading fieldworks 8.3 point 10 it seems that there is some sort of a problem with the file. When I downloaded it it says something like file error. Could you all look into that and try to fix it?
Thanks Ken

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/flex-list/01ab01d35f08%24e8e49d30%24baadd790%24%40sil.org.