Spelling status in new Lexicon

Jeff Shrum

Mar 22, 2015, 11:55:01 PM3/22/15
to flex...@googlegroups.com

I am rebuilding my lexicon.  As I am importing lists of words sorted by semantic domain, I want to mark the spelling status as correct.  Unfortunately, I am finding that clicking "Show Hidden fields" does not bring up the spelling status.  It seems spelling status is only available in concordance view.  There seems to be no way to change spelling status on words that are newly entered of imported into the lexicon.  Does someone know how to work with spelling status for words that are not in a text?  I want to enter a good basic vocabulary before I begin working on texts again.  Having the stems for common nouns and verbs spelled correctly in the lexicon will speed up finding spelling errors in all of my texts later.

Jeff Shrum

Language Technology Consultant

SIL-Southern Africa