what happened to flex text export in 8.3.1?

KenK

Nov 25, 2016, 6:10:56 AM11/25/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
I can't seem to find FLEx text export...what happened? Ken

Allan Johnson

Nov 25, 2016, 7:57:05 AM11/25/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,

I looked and didn't see it at first, but after poking around I see that it's still there and available from the same places. Maybe what's tripping you up is the same as for me. The "Export Interlinear" option only shows up in certain views of FLEx (and this actually was the case in a previous version of FLEx I'm also looking at, in 8.2.8).

Go to "View; Texts & Words; Interlinear Texts"
Then go to the "File" menu and see if "Export Interlinear" is there.

It might be, and it might not be. You'll see it only if you're on one of the sub-tabs of "Interlinear Texts" which is actually displaying the interlinear texts in some form. These are:
Gloss
Analyze
Tagging
Print View

The places where I'm not seeing it are the following sub-tabs:
Info
Baseline
Text Chart

Maybe baseline is a likely stumbling point, since that could easily have been the last text-related thing you were looking at. If that was the case, FLEx would then default to the baseline view when you go to "Interlinear Texts", and you would thus not be able to find "Export Interlinear" until you've gone to one of those tabs which shows the text in an interlinear form.

Allan

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 5:10 AM, KenK <grizzly...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can't seem to find FLEx text export...what happened? Ken

You are subscribed to the publicly accessible group "FLEx list".
Only members can post but anyone can view messages on the website.
To change your status, please write to flex_d...@sil.org.
---

KenK

Nov 26, 2016, 5:30:01 AM11/26/16
to flex...@googlegroups.com
Solved! Found it finally. Thanks, Allan! K
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to flex-list+...@googlegroups.com.